Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Identity Manager :  Using Policy Xpress how set user attribute in action for a given User Id.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 31, 2018 05:28 AM

In Identity Manager using policy xpress we can retrieve user attribute of a given User ID in Data Tab but how we can set a user attribute for a given user in Action Tab.

I like to avoid calling SOAP request or JDBC/LDAP query for this purpose. 

• 2.  Re: Identity Manager :  Using Policy Xpress how set user attribute in action for a given User Id.
    Best Answer

Posted May 31, 2018 10:27 AM

For PolicyXpress actions, for type of User you can only update the subject of the originating task and you cannot specify another user in the same way that you can do so with Data Elements so if you want to generate a modify against another user via PX Policies you would need to look into the Rest/Soap/SQL/ExternalJava approaches. A KB regarding External Java code to review would be:

Explaining PX Policies (Invoking Of External Code) - CA Knowledge 

Alternatively you could look into the Identity Manager APIs (i.e. Event Listeners) to code up a solution instead of trying to use PX Policies.

You can open an Idea within the CA Communities as well concerning the ability for a PX Policy action to specify a user other than the subject of the task.

• 3.  Re: Identity Manager :  Using Policy Xpress how set user attribute in action for a given User Id.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 31, 2018 01:38 PM

Thanks Kenny. I'll open an idea request for this. For this kind of work, I like OOTB functionality over the customized code in form of Rest/Soap/SQL/ExternalJava.