Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Active Directory Endpoint 'AD_EP' creation failed: Unable to connect to Connector Server: ldaps://idmdb.idm.org:20411

Posted Oct 20, 2018 04:17 AM

Hi

I have implemented CA VApp 14.0

VM1 : CA VApp - IM, IP, CS, PS, US

VM2 : DB,CS

When trying to acquire AD Endpoint i got the error saying CCS is not available. So i have installed connector server in VM2 manually.

Now while acquiring the AD endpoint i am getting error saying,

Failed to execute CreateActiveDirectoryEndpoint. ERROR MESSAGE:Active Directory Endpoint 'AD_EP' creation failed: Unable to connect to Connector Server: ldaps://idmdb.idm.org:20411.

I can able to connect the connector server with the IP address using browser and while using FQDN i am getting error.

Is the host entry required if so in which server should i add. 

Please share your view on this so that i can acquire the endpoint successfully.

Best Regards

Kirupakaran

• 2.  Re: Active Directory Endpoint 'AD_EP' creation failed: Unable to connect to Connector Server: ldaps://idmdb.idm.org:20411

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 21, 2018 03:05 AM

While not strictly required (you can use an IP), FQDN are recommended, mainly for security reasons (to comply with security certificates)

If DNS records cannot be created, update the hosts file. If using Hosts files, make sure they are consistent across all nodes of the solution.

• 3.  Re: Active Directory Endpoint 'AD_EP' creation failed: Unable to connect to Connector Server: ldaps://idmdb.idm.org:20411

Posted Oct 22, 2018 12:46 AM

Thanks for your response. Same error when tried with IP. 

I am using 2 VM's

VM1 : CA VApp - IM, IP, CS, PS, US

VM2 : DB,CS

In which VM the host file has to be updated. If it has to be updated in CA Vapp then how should i update in virtual appliance.

Awaiting reply!

• 4.  Re: Active Directory Endpoint 'AD_EP' creation failed: Unable to connect to Connector Server: ldaps://idmdb.idm.org:20411
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 22, 2018 04:52 AM