Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  How to restore the connections in Connector server without restarting the connector server services

Posted Apr 23, 2018 01:04 AM

Hi All,

We have CA Identity Manager environment working where we have a custom Oracle database connector developed and working for some time. The connections to the database application is lost as it went down for some time but from then the provisioning is failing with error service unavailable and not connection. The End application is up and running, even tried to update the password in endpoint to get the connection but the connector server is not even attempting to connect to the target application and giving the below error

exhausted 6 retries without reconnecting: org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.exception.LdapServiceUnavailableException: JCS@xxxx: JDBC: org.springframework.jdbc.CannotGetJdbcConnectionException: Could not get JDBC Connection; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: Data source is closed

It worked only after restarting the connector server services so want to check if there is any other way to make the connector server restart the connections of the target application with out restarting the Connector server services.

Thanks,

Rajesh

• 2.  Re: How to restore the connections in Connector server without restarting the connector server services

Posted Apr 23, 2018 10:53 AM

Which version of Identity Manager are you running? What patches are applied to it? Is this a ConnectorXpress JDBC mapped connector to an Oracle database or is this the standard Oracle Server Connector or is this some other custom java coded connector?

• 3.  Re: How to restore the connections in Connector server without restarting the connector server services

Posted Apr 23, 2018 11:20 AM

Hi,

We are using CA Identity Manager 12.6.5 version. For patches can you let me know how to extract it as I am new to CA Identity Manager.

Yes it is a ConnectorXpress JDBC mapped connector to an Oracle database.

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Regards,

Rajesh

• 4.  Re: How to restore the connections in Connector server without restarting the connector server services
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 23, 2018 11:35 AM

I reviewed the release notes for fixes included in newer product versions and I can see that in IM 12.6.7 version there was a fix related to this problem.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-identity-manager/12-6-07/en/release-information/release-notes-12-6-07/fixed-issues

00064711JDBC ConnectorJCS cannot restore JDBC DYN connection after database stopped/started.

Per the published fix strategy IM 12.6.5 is GA-5 so we are not generating fixes against that older version any longer.

https://support.ca.com/phpdocs/7/9500/9500_fixstrategy.pdf

I would suggest upgrading to the latest IM 12.6.x version which would be 12.6.8 CR1 (with CPs on top of that) or upgrade to the IM 14.1 release (or the 14.2 release which would be coming out next).

• 5.  Re: How to restore the connections in Connector server without restarting the connector server services

Posted Apr 23, 2018 10:06 PM

Thanks Kenny for the reply. We are already in the process of migrating to 14.1 version so hope we dont get this issue in that version.

Regards,

Rajesh