Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  SAP provisioning from CA IM 14.2

Posted Jun 27, 2018 07:43 AM

Hello all,

Am currently working on connecting and provisioning a SAP R/3 system, and I've got a question.

In Identity Portal, we fill out the name (First name, Middle name, Last name). All fields free text. In SAP R/3, first and last name are free text, and I don't have an issue with this. But for this customer, the middle name in SAP R/3 is no free text, but I have to input an object of type SAP R/3 Name Prefix. 

I have the following questions:

1. How do I match the free text input in Identity Portal to the object SAP is expecting?

2. How do I cope with free text options that I'm not able to map against the options SAP gives me?

Hope you can help me.

• 2.  Re: SAP provisioning from CA IM 14.2

Posted Jun 28, 2018 05:28 AM

Eric,

I guess you want to know how you can create validation on a field in the portal.

Form Handlers - CA Identity Portal - 14.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

This section explains how to do this. If the SAP R/3 name prefix is a fixed list, you can add this in the handler definition.

Regards,

Frank

• 3.  Re: SAP provisioning from CA IM 14.2

Posted Jul 10, 2018 09:52 AM

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the reply, but this is not what I'm looking for. I guess I could create a dropdown menu in portal to match the values in SAP, but I still need to communicate these values to SAP. And that's the problem, I don't have a way to do this, as far as I know.