Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Where I can get the property fields for integrating CA IDM with CASDM?

Posted Feb 06, 2018 03:56 AM
      |   view attached

Dear Team,

I have CASDM installed in server and I want to integrate CASDM with CAIDM.

I am getting the form but where i can get the details for filling the form?

Please guide and please share how can i integrate casdm with caidm if any easy process is there.

for your information............ (Default form)

Thanking you,

Jagatjyoti Dash

• 2.  Re: Where I can get the property fields for integrating CA IDM with CASDM?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 06, 2018 05:13 AM

Hi Jagatjyoti Dash,

Did you look at "Connection Settings for CA Service Desk Manager" topic which is described here:
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-identity-manager/14-1/EN/configuring/service-desk-integration/configure-service-desk-integration/connection-settings-for-ca-service-desk-manager

Regards,

Philippe.

• 3.  Re: Where I can get the property fields for integrating CA IDM with CASDM?

Posted Feb 06, 2018 05:41 AM

I already got this info. Please tell what else are steps for integrating with IDM(Identity manager).

CASDM integration with IDM(Identity manager).

Regards,

Jagat

• 4.  Re: Where I can get the property fields for integrating CA IDM with CASDM?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 07, 2018 10:44 AM

Hello Jagat,

The connection settings that you are looking for on that screenshot are all settings that are from your Service Desk Manager server. This information is specific to your personal environment that you are trying to connect to. To gather the necessary information to connect to your Service Desk Manager I would recommend reaching out to your Service Desk Manager Administrator. They should have the information needed to form the connection. 

Please be sure to see the support features once your connection is successful.

Supported Actions

The following actions are supported in the Service Desk solutions:

• Creating an incident is supported for all the Service Desk solutions.
    • Only the ServiceNow Service Desk solution supports changes to an existing incident.
    • ServiceNow, CA Service Desk Manger, and CA CSM Service Desk solutions support creating a request.

Thanks,

Luke

• 5.  Re: Where I can get the property fields for integrating CA IDM with CASDM?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 06, 2018 10:30 AM

Hi Jagat,

Maybe this will help, if you have missed it?

Service Desk Integration - CA Identity Manager - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

-Hitesh

• 6.  Re: Where I can get the property fields for integrating CA IDM with CASDM?

Posted Feb 07, 2018 02:45 PM

Jagat,

The Integration starts with the setup at 2 levels:

1. Connection Configuration (link in prior response articulates how)

2. Attribute Mapping (Customize Service Desk Field Mappings)

Once things are setup and verified you will then be able to perform one of the following actions:

• Creating an incident is supported for all the Service Desk solutions.
    • Only the ServiceNow Service Desk solution supports changes to an existing incident.
    • ServiceNow, CA Service Desk Manger, and CA CSM Service Desk solutions support creating a request.

The use cases are transacted as by configuring Policy Xpress items. The product ships with some samples which can be located at:

<CA_Identity_Manager_home>/IAM Suite/Identity Manager/tools/samples/PolicyXpress/NimIntegration/NimIntegrationSample.xml