Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  How to Use Logical attribute in feed file

Posted Aug 30, 2017 02:18 PM

I have TASK for Create User and Task have few Mandatory filed like FIRSTNAME and that is Screen Logical Attribute.

When i'm trying to create the user using the Bulk Loader then I'm getting the Error message "First Name is mandatory".

Please help me how to use Logical attribute in FEED File.

----Error Msg---

Failed to submit "Create a test account" for MBTSC127 (record number 1). Reason: Attribute First name (given name): is required. Attribute Last name (surname): is required.

----END---

---File Header with content---

action,uid,given name,surname,userpassword,mail,hiredate,terminationdate
    create,MBTSC127,security,MTB127,Testing1,nomail@test.com,8/30/2017,8/30/2018

----END---

As you can see above give Name has value security.... but still getting the error message in VST given Name in Commendatory field.

• 2.  Re: How to Use Logical attribute in feed file
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 30, 2017 02:49 PM

Hi,

If FIRSTNAME is logical attribute represented at |FIRSTNAME| on screen, please try to use following feed data:

action,uid,|FIRSTNAME|,surname,userpassword,mail,hiredate,terminationdate

Regards,

Sumeet

• 3.  Re: How to Use Logical attribute in feed file

Posted Aug 31, 2017 11:44 AM

Hi Sumeet,

I have tried to upload the user as you mention but still i'm getting the same error.   

action,uid,|FirstName|,|LastName|,userpassword,mail,hiredate,terminationdate

• 4.  Re: How to Use Logical attribute in feed file

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2017 02:56 AM

Hi Hsingh Nitk,

Sumeet answered to your question.

I add this is in the doc.

Links:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-identity-manager/12-6-8/EN/administrating/administrators-users-and-groups/onboard-multiple-users

https://docops.ca.com/ca-identity-manager/14-1/EN/administrating/administrators-users-and-groups/onboard-multiple-users

See (this is for |enabled| LA and can be adapted for any other LAs, this is the principle)

Sample Feeder File for Enabling Users
    This sample feeder file changes the value of the |enabled| logical attribute. You specify the logical attribute in the header, and the value (in this case, true or false) in each user entry in the file.

action,%USER_ID%,|enable|
    MODIFY,user1,false
    MODIFY,user2,true

Regards,

Philippe.

• 5.  Re: How to Use Logical attribute in feed file

Posted Aug 31, 2017 11:46 AM

HI Philippe,

Still getting the same error message.

I have used the below records.

action,uid,|FirstName|,|LastName|,userpassword,mail,hiredate,terminationdate

• 6.  Re: How to Use Logical attribute in feed file

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2017 12:16 PM
      |   view attached

I believe the issues here is with screen logical.

You can achieve the same results using an LAH (Logical Attribute Handler), which can be used as a "global” screen logical.

If you are using version 14 and above you have one defined called "Generic LAH Handler” (in the management console, Home › Environments › identityEnv › Advanced Settings › Logical Attribute Handlers). In its settings you can add another logical attributes (e.g. |FirstName|). This will not generate any code and the value will be temporary and removed after the tasks completes.

If you are on an older version you can create your own LAH using the attached code.

See also: https://docops.ca.com/ca-identity-manager/14-1/EN/programming/programming-guide-for-java/logical-attribute-api/logical-attribute-api-overview/sample-logical-attribute-handlers

Attachment(s)

zip
    GenericLAH.java.zip   393 B 1 version