Symantec IGA

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Governance Minder certification for change in users department

• 1.  Governance Minder certification for change in users department

Posted Jan 16, 2017 08:15 AM

I am new to Governance Minder and need some tips on how to create certification for change in department. While creating a certification, I could not find a way (as in IdentityMinder policy xpress ) to capture old and new department for a user so as to check the change in the department for a user.

Else if its possible to execute the certification from policy xpress?

• 2.  Re: Governance Minder certification for change in users department

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 16, 2017 08:40 AM

I have moved this question from the "CA Privileged Access Management" Community to the "CA Identity Management", which is the correct one for questions about the CA Governance Minder product.

• 3.  Re: Governance Minder certification for change in users department

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 17, 2017 01:14 PM

If I understand your question correctly.  You cannot create certification from IDM policy express OOTB.  You might be able to write a program using GM web service and exec within PX. However, this is not something within support scope. 

• 4.  Re: Governance Minder certification for change in users department

Posted Jan 19, 2017 06:56 AM

I was giving policy xpress as an option. If it possible to create certification based on chnage in department number pleas elet me knwo how to do this

• 5.  Re: Governance Minder certification for change in users department

Posted Jan 20, 2017 04:52 AM

Is it possible to create certification based on change in department number as a condition.I mean during the user selection, I should check for users whose Department number has been changed.

• 6.  Re: Governance Minder certification for change in users department
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 20, 2017 10:52 AM

You probably need  to create a client application using GM web service API and trigger by PX.

• 7.  Re: Governance Minder certification for change in users department

Posted Feb 16, 2017 08:22 AM

Do you have any information how to use the web service "CertificationService" in policy xpress. Which library file to be used in the RCM server  or is the library already installed when RCM is installed?

• 8.  Re: Governance Minder certification for change in users department

Posted Feb 16, 2017 09:50 AM

If I understand your question, I would obtain an HR file on a daily basis, save the base version you will use to determine the current department and when you are ready to generate a campaign use the current HR file. Compare the department by user from the current to the historical file and set a DepartmentChangeFlag to Y if they are different. Then when you generate the  campaign you can use the flag to select users whose DepartmentChangeFlag equals Y.

• 9.  Re: Governance Minder certification for change in users department

Posted Feb 16, 2017 09:54 AM

The question is about starting a campaign automatically from policy xpress. Latest I understood we can use a GM API startCampaign but which library to be included and where etc is the remianing part which i need.

• 10.  Re: Governance Minder certification for change in users department

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 17, 2017 05:36 PM

I may have the same need to automate the creation of a campaign for a customer very soon.  Did you ever have any progress on how to do this?

• 11.  Re: Governance Minder certification for change in users department

Posted Aug 16, 2017 04:21 AM

Unfortunately no, I might try a workaround of scheduling a campaign and try to update a user attribute but i havnt found a way to do that either in the RCM product

• 12.  Re: Governance Minder certification for change in users department

• 13.  Re: Governance Minder certification for change in users department

Posted Aug 17, 2017 11:04 AM

Unfortunately i dont have access to open the links. Would itbe possible to send it to my email Gaurav.d6@gmail.com

thanks a lot