Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  14.1 EXTERNAL CONNECTOR SERVER VAPP SERVICE FAILED BUT PROFILES ETAADMIN AND VAPP-SERVICE ARE ACTIVE

Posted Jan 04, 2018 02:49 PM

Error fetching list of registered connector servers: :ETA_E_0302<BGU>, Bind to provisioning server as 'vapp-service' failed: Invalid credentials or Global User is locked

The above error is what I am getting but profiles etaadmin and vapp-service are not locked. I have rebooted both my production vApps but that has not resolved the issue. 

• 2.  Re: 14.1 EXTERNAL CONNECTOR SERVER VAPP SERVICE FAILED BUT PROFILES ETAADMIN AND VAPP-SERVICE ARE ACTIVE

Posted Jan 04, 2018 07:11 PM

Did you recently apply any patches ?. I had similar issue after applying patch. here is how the issue got resolved.  

1. connect to the Provisioning Server via Jxplorer

2. check the  the eTDisablePasswordExpiration attribute for the vapp-service global user. We had a value of "yes" instead of the value of "1". We fixed this value to be 1 and this resolved the error.

• 3.  Re: 14.1 EXTERNAL CONNECTOR SERVER VAPP SERVICE FAILED BUT PROFILES ETAADMIN AND VAPP-SERVICE ARE ACTIVE

Posted Jan 04, 2018 11:24 PM

My provisioning server is on my vApp can share an example of what information I would need to access the provisioning server using Jxplorer?

• 4.  Re: 14.1 EXTERNAL CONNECTOR SERVER VAPP SERVICE FAILED BUT PROFILES ETAADMIN AND VAPP-SERVICE ARE ACTIVE

Posted Jan 05, 2018 09:17 AM

It says I am not authorized to see that link

• 5.  Re: 14.1 EXTERNAL CONNECTOR SERVER VAPP SERVICE FAILED BUT PROFILES ETAADMIN AND VAPP-SERVICE ARE ACTIVE
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 05, 2018 01:17 PM

Support case 00929405 was opened and a fix was provided.

• 6.  Re: 14.1 EXTERNAL CONNECTOR SERVER VAPP SERVICE FAILED BUT PROFILES ETAADMIN AND VAPP-SERVICE ARE ACTIVE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 28, 2018 04:40 AM

I have faced the same issue. I had a backup of impd-co.ldif

I copied the etencryptedpassword and etpassword of vapp-service from this backup to the latest dump of impd-co.ldif and loaded the imp-co using dxloaddb and the issue was resolved.

Ranga Vinjamuri