Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Identity Suite R14.1 External Remote Server Error

Posted Dec 31, 2017 07:34 PM

I am trying to update the external connector server for 14.1 and getting the following error, I have restarted the PS server and rebooted by vApps. 

Error fetching list of registered connector servers: :ETA_E_0418<BGU>, Bind to provisioning server as 'vapp-service' failed: Password expiration date has passed

• 2.  Re: Identity Suite R14.1 External Remote Server Error
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 02, 2018 10:53 AM

Please take a look at this Tech Doc:

Identity Suite Virtual Appliance cannot register remote connector server 

This should take care of the problem.

• 3.  Re: Identity Suite R14.1 External Remote Server Error

Posted Jan 02, 2018 11:07 AM

Thank you for this link William but I have only used the vApp and never had to login directly the Provisioning server. Do you have instructions on logging in directly to the Provisioning server?

• 4.  Re: Identity Suite R14.1 External Remote Server Error

Posted Jan 02, 2018 12:45 PM

In order to install the various Identity Suite remote management tools (such as Workpoint Designer and the Provisioing Manager), please download VirtualApplianceRemoteTools.zip from the support site. Unzip the file and run the setup.exe installer on a remote Windows machine. Follow the instructions provided by the installer.

Then follow the instructions from this link to configure the Provisioning Manager to connection (the remote server host should be the IP address of the server where the Provisioning Server is installed in your vApp config):

https://docops.ca.com/cim141/upgrading/upgrade-provisioning-components/configure-a-remote-provisioning-manager/

• 5.  Re: Identity Suite R14.1 External Remote Server Error

Posted Jan 02, 2018 12:53 PM

William that is my issue I have not been able to find VirtualApplianceRemoteTools.zip as the directions suggest. What I was pointed to was the screen shot below is this the replacement for VirtualApplicanceRemoteTools.zip?

• 6.  Re: Identity Suite R14.1 External Remote Server Error

Posted Jan 04, 2018 07:14 PM

Did you recently apply any patches ?. I had similar issue after applying patch. here is how the issue got resolved.  

1. connect to the Provisioning Server via Jxplorer

2. check the  the eTDisablePasswordExpiration attribute for the vapp-service global user. We had a value of "yes" instead of the value of "1". We fixed this value to be 1 and this resolved the error.