Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Error While Capturing Snapshot Data

Posted Jun 09, 2017 05:50 AM

Hi All,

I'm integrated jasper report 6.2 with CA IDM 12.6.8. Post installation and configuration , when trying to capture the snapshot data, IDM generates error on the screen, 

Fatal:Failed to execute CaptureSnapshotEvent. ERROR MESSAGE: Exception:CaptureSnapshot event has failed

Checking the server logs,  multiple error messages found be seen. Any clue , what could be reason.

2017-06-09 15:11:33,357 ERROR [com.netegrity.ims.imrexport.IMRExportController] (Thread-428) Error occur when trying to log snapshot definition to imreport6 table: java.lang.Exception: Error occur when trying to log snapshot definition to imreport6 table
    at com.netegrity.ims.imrexport.object.IMRJobCollector.logReport(IMRJobCollector.java:94) [user_console.jar:]
    at com.netegrity.ims.imrexport.IMRExportController.processJobCmd(IMRExportController.java:181) [user_console.jar:]
    at com.netegrity.ims.imrexport.IMRExportController.export(IMRExportController.java:86) [user_console.jar:]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) [rt.jar:1.8.0_60]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) [rt.jar:1.8.0_60]
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) [rt.jar:1.8.0_60]
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497) [rt.jar:1.8.0_60]
    at com.ca.identitymanager.reports.imapi.CaptureSnapshotEvent.invokeIMRExport(CaptureSnapshotEvent.java:201) [user_console.jar:]
    at com.ca.identitymanager.reports.imapi.CaptureSnapshotEvent.longRunningEventExecute(CaptureSnapshotEvent.java:174) [user_console.jar:]
    at com.netegrity.ims.AbstractLongRunningEvent$RunningEvent.run(AbstractLongRunningEvent.java:283) [ims.jar:]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [rt.jar:1.8.0_60]

2017-06-09 15:11:33,372 ERROR [com.netegrity.ims.imrexport.IMRExportController] (Thread-428) IMRExport failed to start extracting progress.
    2017-06-09 15:11:33,423 ERROR [com.netegrity.ims.exception.EventExecuteStateException] (Thread-428) Exception: : java.lang.Exception: CaptureSnapshot event has failed
    at com.ca.identitymanager.reports.imapi.CaptureSnapshotEvent.invokeIMRExport(CaptureSnapshotEvent.java:205) [user_console.jar:]
    at com.ca.identitymanager.reports.imapi.CaptureSnapshotEvent.longRunningEventExecute(CaptureSnapshotEvent.java:174) [user_console.jar:]
    at com.netegrity.ims.AbstractLongRunningEvent$RunningEvent.run(AbstractLongRunningEvent.java:283) [ims.jar:]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [rt.jar:1.8.0_60]

2017-06-09 15:11:33,425 ERROR [com.netegrity.ims.exception.EventExecuteStateException] (Thread-428) Execution of event: CaptureSnapshotEvent failed. Exception encountered: Exception:CaptureSnapshot event has failed
    2017-06-09 15:11:33,426 ERROR [ims.tmt.events] (Thread-428) Failed to execute CaptureSnapshotEvent.
    ERROR MESSAGE:
    Exception:CaptureSnapshot event has failed
    2017-06-09 15:11:33,430 ERROR [ims.tmt.events] (Thread-428) Error during event execution [8c3aec52-3f57669c-7fefd5ed-66c8e28d] CaptureSnapshotEvent.

Thanks,

Vasu

• 2.  Re: Error While Capturing Snapshot Data

Posted Jun 09, 2017 04:01 PM

Hi Vasu,

The capture snapshot is a completely separate process from the report server. It takes place between IM and its databases, specifically harvesting certain data from the IM runtime DBs and putting it in the IM report shapshot DB.

When a new snapshot is requested, there's a snapshot ID created -- in the db it's in imreport6 table, and the column is imr_reportid.

So it appears this process is failing at trying to insert a new record into imreport6.

The questions I'd like to ask are:

1. Did you go in the IME to Reports --> Snapshot Tasks --> Manage Snapshot Database Connections, and made sure you have defined the correct one? (you can test the connection from there)/

2. Which snapshot are you trying to capture -- is it one with a lot of data? If yes, can you take a much smaller snapshot? (e.g. Roles snapshot, in case you don't have too many roles, such as OOTB config is small).

Thanks,

Einav

• 3.  Re: Error While Capturing Snapshot Data

Posted Jun 12, 2017 04:54 AM

Hi shaei03 ,

Below are the answer to your questions,

1. Yes , I did checked the connection to snapshot database and IDM is able to connect to the database successfully.

2. The error is reported for all report snapshots.

Thanks,

Vasu 

• 4.  Re: Error While Capturing Snapshot Data
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 14, 2017 04:51 PM

Hi Vasu,

This requires more info - for example, application server log in DEBUG, and also understanding of the volume of data that is being captured.

As an example, I'd start with the Capture Snapshot Wizard, in which I will define a new snapshot, exporting user objects only and capturing 1 user (i.e. where userID=esharon1) under Profile. This will exclude data size (and/or long running event) as the culprit.

I'd change the log level of 'im' and 'ims' root categories to DEBUG, and reproduce the scenario.

I'd also check if the report snapshot DB is on a DB instance that's independent of the other IM DBs (i.e. Task Persistence, Object Store etc).

If you'd like to perform these steps and let us know the results here by all means.

You can also open a case with Support to continue troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Einav