Symantec IGA

Expand all | Collapse all

How to configure a "Modify My Endpoint Account Passwords" screen on Identity Portal?

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  How to configure a "Modify My Endpoint Account Passwords" screen on Identity Portal?

Posted 12-07-2017 05:15 AM

Hi all, hope all is well.

In Identity Manager, it is pretty easy (OOTB actually) to configure a task in which an end-user could change one or more of their own endpoint account passwords. It is a simple matter of assign an "Accounts" tab to the task.

View or Modify Endpoint Accounts - CA Identity Manager - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Screen shows a list of accounts to view or modify a user

This is a good feature for many reasons, especially convenience and self-governance (the user has a single point of view - and change if allowed - their accounts' passwords or even unlock them).

How could I configure a similar user experience on Identity Portal? The main purpose is just that: have a simple screen/task in which an user could select and change one, some or all of their endpoint account passwords.

Thanks a lot for any insights or guidelines.

Best, and happy holidays!

Welington Strutz.

• 2.  Re: How to configure a "Modify My Endpoint Account Passwords" screen on Identity Portal?
    Best Answer

Posted 12-07-2017 11:28 AM

Identity Portal does not 'see' the endpoint as Identity Manager.

IM has the task built to access the endpoint directly, so it is not exposed to IP.

. You can build a task that will send the PW to the EP, but you will not get a conformation.

• 3.  Re: How to configure a "Modify My Endpoint Account Passwords" screen on Identity Portal?

Posted 12-11-2017 12:10 PM

Actually, this functionality is available in Identity Portal through Elements, Endpoint configuration. When you map your IM endpoint in Identity Portal, the user can select their target system account and change password for that account as well as unlock or unsuspend the account, etc. The only different is that you can perform these tasks 1 account at a time in Portal. You cannot select multiple accounts and resume them all together or change password for all of them together.

Why do you want to build something custom for what is already available in Identity Portal?

KR
    Russi