Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  etautil - checking user syncs

Posted Mar 09, 2018 12:02 PM

Hello,

Please anyone has any etautil samples for:

- listing users and roles assigned to them.

- listing users who are havinng sync problems with roles

- listing users who are having sync problems with account templates.

My goal is to identify users which are having such problems and run another etautil to force sync only with users detects with sync prbs.

Tks,

Lincoln

• 2.  Re: etautil - checking user syncs
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 09, 2018 03:47 PM

This etautil will return the list of users and the provisioning roles assigned to those users

etautil -u USER -p PWD select 'eTGlobalUserContainerName=Global Users,eTNamespaceName=CommonObjects' eTGlobalUser eTGlobalUserName='*' list eTRoleDN

This etautil is the equivalent of the "Check User Synchronzation" found in the Provisioning Manager. Running with * for all users could be expensive.

etautil -u USER -p PWD select 'eTGlobalUserContainerName=Global Users,eTNamespaceName=CommonObjects' eTGlobalUser eTGlobalUserName='*' list eTSyncUsers eTSyncDelete

This etautil is the equivalent of the "Check Account Synchronization" found in the Provisioning Manager. Running with * for all users could be expensive.

etautil -u USER -p PWD select 'eTGlobalUserContainerName=Global Users,eTNamespaceName=CommonObjects' eTGlobalUser eTGlobalUserName='*' list eTSyncAccounts

• 3.  Re: etautil - checking user syncs

Posted Mar 11, 2018 12:59 PM

Hi KennyV,

Thanks a lot.

It is exactly what I was looking for.

For the second command I see it ends with eTSyncDelete. Is it also going to force any action such as delete not sync accounts ? At this point only looking for a way to measure the trouble waiting in the near future

• 4.  Re: etautil - checking user syncs

Posted Mar 12, 2018 04:27 PM

I wrote that both the second and third commands were the equivalent of the "Check User Synchronzation" and "Check Account Synchronization" found in the Provisioning Manager. They are not the equivalent of the "Synchronize User with Roles" and "Synchronize Accounts with Account Templates" found in the Provisioning Manager which are the ones that would perform changes.

• 5.  Re: etautil - checking user syncs

Posted Jun 08, 2018 07:07 AM

Hi KennyV,

can you please help me  with etautil command for 

listing users and Account Template  assigned to them.

listing users and Endpoints  assigned to them.

• 6.  Re: etautil - checking user syncs

Posted Jun 08, 2018 10:01 AM

There would not be a command to list users and the templates assigned to them because Provisioning Users do not have account templates assigned to them, Accounts have account templates assigned to them.

There would not be a command to list users and the endpoints assigned to them because Provisioning Users do not have endpoints assigned to them, Account Templates have endpoints assigned to them.