Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Identity Suite v14.1 - DeploymentXpress

Posted Mar 09, 2018 05:48 AM

I have deployed the repo(UseCases) for DeploymentXpress and deployed the useCase Create Employee by HR.

The Task ran successfully. But i have questions:-

Q1. How does the Login Id been generated and where does it generated ?

Q2. Why the User ID been set with unique_id value ? Can this be change to follow Login ID ?

Note: I tried to search PX, AdminTask & Screen, can't find where these 2 value been set, anyone know ?

• 2.  Re: Identity Suite v14.1 - DeploymentXpress
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 09, 2018 08:24 AM

Hi William,

All of this is generated by Logical Attribute Handlers that you will find in your IM Management Console, in your environment's Advanced Settings:

Yes, Login ID and User ID can be set to the same value.

You can find more information about the Logical Attribute Handlers in IM 14.1 here:

Logical Attribute Handlers in OOTB Environment - CA Identity Manager - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: Identity Suite v14.1 - DeploymentXpress

Posted Mar 11, 2018 10:45 PM

Thanks for the Info, Russi.

Just wonder, we can find & obtain the source code on "User ID Builder Handler" from IM and then modify it to become

version 2, is that possible ?

Am asking this question, is because customer have different logic on building/generating their UserID

• 4.  Re: Identity Suite v14.1 - DeploymentXpress

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 12, 2018 09:43 AM

What is the customer logic?

• 5.  Re: Identity Suite v14.1 - DeploymentXpress

Posted Mar 13, 2018 04:00 AM

Does the User ID builder handler check on UserStore for existing userid before generate new userid ?

and can we add additional function to check on "reserved table for userid" ? where generated new userid will not use the userid(s) in reserved table

I understand that we can configure different User ID Format for the handler, like %L,3%%F,3%%C,3% .