Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Identity Portal Password composition policy

Posted Feb 20, 2018 10:40 AM

Hi all,

in CA Identity Portal ( in Identity suite 14.1) I would like to change my user password, with a new password with a punctuation mark inside (es. abcdefgh!).

When I change the password I receive an error as shown in log file /opt/CA/wildfly-portal/standalone/log/server.log

2018-02-19 15:40:29,402 ERROR [com.idmlogic.sigma.workers.ExceptionsHelper] (default task-34) : ErrorCode: 0, ErrorFamily: GENERAL, Message: com.idmlogic.sigma.backend.BackendException: Error Reset My Password
    BackendMessages:
    Error: Code: 1000, Literal: LOGIC_ERROR, Message: Logic errors occured,
    Validation Messages: Password must not contain any non-alphanumeric characters.

In indentiy Manager I have a password policy permitting punctuation marks and if I change the password in IM it works fine.

Is this password policy used also by the Identity Portal? If not where is the "password composition policy" for the portal? 

Thanks

Ilaria

• 2.  Re: Identity Portal Password composition policy
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 25, 2018 04:23 AM

Hi,

I am assuming that we are discussing the reset password functionality that exists in the Settings screen.

The message you are stating:

"Error: Code: 1000, Literal: LOGIC_ERROR, Message: Logic errors occurred,
    Validation Messages: Password must not contain any non-alphanumeric characters."

suggests that this is not an internal issue but actually the password policy rejecting the password used.

It is strange that you can use the same task and password policy in IM with no problem and when using the same in IP it states a violation of the policy.

If indeed this is for the reset password functionality in the Settings screen and you are still getting different responses for the same string, please open a case with Support so we can investigate.

• 3.  Re: Identity Portal Password composition policy

Posted Mar 05, 2018 05:11 AM

Hi Nino,

thanks for your replay.

I changed my password policy in IM permitting both non-alphanumeric and punctuaction and now it's working also in IP.

Thaks again.

Ilaria