Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Connector Xpress javascript operational bindings

Posted Aug 31, 2016 12:03 PM

I am investigating using javascript with operational bindings to read a value from a sql table column, parse it and then copy it over to another field in the same or in another table.  However, I'm having difficulty finding a javascript example and the  objects needed to perform a field level manipulations such as  copy, modify and write (JDBC connector).  Client constraints prohibit the use of stored procedures.

Any and all help appreciated.

• 2.  Re: Connector Xpress javascript operational bindings
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 01, 2016 12:55 PM

I don't have any examples and I tried searching online and most sites I was reading say it is not possible via javascript. Saw one site where it looks like some sample code was given using ActiveXObject to MS SQL but again says it should not be done. Most sites sound like you would need to set up something on the serverside and then javascript to that.

How to connect to SQL Server database from JavaScript in the browser? - Stack Overflow 

Maybe PX Policies or event listeners would help. Maybe you need to build a second connector to manage the additional table you mention. Maybe customer will need to reconsider stored procedures.

- KennyV

• 3.  Re: Connector Xpress javascript operational bindings

Posted Sep 01, 2016 01:56 PM

PX policies and event listeners is our current solution we are attempting.  What I was just wonder was instead of using operational bindings to a sql store procedure you can instead bind to a javascript script.  The second part of this would be which programming reference guide would give us some clues into the objects available to the javascript to see if there are the proper handles to make an operation binding to javascript that could behave like a sql store procedure.

Thank for your suggestions