Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  MS SQL User Store

Posted Dec 10, 2015 12:10 AM

Hi Guys,

I need to setup MS SQL as a user store on IDM 12.6.5.

The Jboss version is 6.3 EAP.

Can you please guide me on how to do this, I have always worked on a LDAP user store and hence not very aware of the process.

Later I need to migrate the users in CA Directory ( which is acting as current user store ) to this RDBMS based user store.

Also, my environment had JBOSS 6.3 EAP so the folder structures are little different.It would be great if you can guide me.

• 2.  Re: MS SQL User Store

Posted Dec 14, 2015 04:53 AM

In the bookshelf there is an example of setting up the Neteauto sample using a relation database.

This should give you some hints in how to set up a relation database as userstore

Cheers, Atle

• 3.  Re: MS SQL User Store

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 14, 2015 05:05 AM

This has been also discussed and resolve in a dedicated Support case. Some highlights:

- Design of MSSQL schema (tables / columns etc) should be done onsite, using suitable experts.

- The configuration guide https://docops.ca.com/cim/12-6-7/EN/configuring should be use for general guidance. https://docops.ca.com/cim/12-6-7/EN/configuring/relational-database-management in particular.

- There are also some examples for RDBMS Corporate store available under IM Admin Tools for guidance for configuring the dir,xml to be used:

..\CA\Identity Manager\IAM Suite\Identity Manager\tools\directoryTemplates ..\CA\Identity Manager\IAM Suite\Identity Manager\tools\samples\NeteAutoRdb\fwSampleRDB

- You could utilize free tools such as Ldif2csv for converting actual user data.

Till the official documentation (referring to JBoss 5.x path) gets updated - In JBoss 6.x EAP, we use <JBOSS_HOME>\standalone\configuration\standalone-full.xml (for a single node) or standalone-full-ha.xml for cluster member to define both jndi-name (steps 3-5) as well as for defining a Security Realm for the JDBC Data Source."

• 4.  Re: MS SQL User Store

Posted Dec 16, 2015 05:54 AM

Hello

I am using the same method and created the  userstore on SQL server (I used the neteauto scenario but I didn't use the role sample from it , just create new standard role) , and it is working fine

but I have a note, that the password of the account in the userstore is saved in plain text inside the database table, so I can list the tbluser table and see all the passors.

how can I fore the IM to store the password in encrypted form in the RDB ??

thanks

• 5.  Re: MS SQL User Store

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 16, 2015 06:05 AM

Hi

You need to configure the password attribute in the dir.xml to be stored encrypted

<ImsManagedObjectAttr physicalname="tblUsers.password" description="Password" displayname="Password" valuetype="String" wellknown="%PASSWORD%" maxlength="0">

<DataClassification name="AttributeLevelEncrypt"/>

<DataClassification name="sensitive"/>

</ImsManagedObjectAttr>

More information can be found in the configuration guide,

Modify Attribute Descriptions - CA Identity Manager - 12.6.07 - CA Technologies Documentation

Regards

Rinat

CA Tech Support

• 6.  Re: MS SQL User Store

Posted Dec 16, 2015 07:01 AM

Thanks RinatM for your help

• 7.  Re: MS SQL User Store

Posted Dec 17, 2015 03:30 PM

Hi Robab

I guess you have clear how to create the directory and provisioning direcotorio. Do you require a step-by-step description?

or just you need to know which configuration files must be modified in JBOSS