Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  IDM reports not displaying

Posted Mar 24, 2017 01:00 PM

Running reports from IDM stopped working...all I see is a white page

I can see the reports in Crystal Reports though...any ideas to why would this happen?

#CABI3 #cabi #reportingserver

• 2.  Re: IDM reports not displaying

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 30, 2017 01:35 PM

Possibly a browser cache issue do they work in another browser or for other users?

Sure the filter conditions are set correctly?  This isn't something where the date filter got reset somehow?

• 3.  Re: IDM reports not displaying

Posted Mar 31, 2017 05:14 AM

This should help you:

Go to Internet options and then into privacy tab and click on the sites button and add your reports server to the allow list.

• 4.  Re: IDM reports not displaying

Posted Mar 31, 2017 11:09 AM

hi everyone and thanks for your input. what I noticed is that not all reports work...and I was checking some reports and the logs and realized that for example the reset password report does not show anything, while i know i have reset some passwords for testing...i was told by CA support to look for a log entry starting with ims.audit, on the identity minder sever...

can anyone please tell me what would write this entry log? 

on the other hand, there is nothing on the sql db, in the table called imsAuditEvent12"....not sure why is not happening...

• 5.  Re: IDM reports not displaying

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 03, 2017 05:57 AM

Hi,

Is auditing enabled for your Identity Manager environment? if Auditing is not enabled, these events will not be written into the database and you won't be able to run Audit type reports. Also, make sure that you enable for auditing all the events that you want to report on. Check out this section in the documentation to enable auditing:

How to Configure Auditing - CA Identity Manager - 14.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

KR
    Russi

• 6.  Re: IDM reports not displaying

Posted Apr 03, 2017 12:11 PM

Hi,

this is how my IAM xml file looks like.

We have multiple environments, but only the production one seems to be experiencing this issue. In all other environments we are able to list and view the reports.

<!-- 2. auditlevel - The auditing level for the attribute. (NONE, NEW, OLD, BOTH, NEWCHANGED, OLDCHANGED, BOTHCHANGED) -->
    <Audit enabled="true" auditlevel="BOTH" datasource="java:/iam/im/jdbc/auditDbDataSource">
    <AuditEvent name="ALL" enabled="true" auditlevel="BOTHCHANGED">

• 7.  Re: IDM reports not displaying

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 05, 2017 07:55 AM

Hello

We can see audit is enabled.

imsauditxxx referred to here is most likely the IM Audit DB table rather than an actual log.

Do you have an open case with CA Support for this use case?

Regards

Rinat

CA Tech Support

• 8.  Re: IDM reports not displaying

Posted Apr 06, 2017 01:08 PM

there is some weird stuff happening...after fidgeting with the xml, meaning uploading the downloading the same file, the reports are now running...at least the ones i have tried, password audit and administration report.

will see if it works tomorrow as well

what i have noticed also is that some tasks just die in pending...cancelling and restarting the task seems to fix it...