Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  CA IM v14.0 installer fails to connect to Oracle DB

Posted Apr 27, 2017 05:27 PM

During the installaiton of CA IM v14.0 when i try to connect to Database, i keep getting "Unable to connect to Database with given information" and installation does not continue

Below are the env details

Database: oracle 12c

IM: 14.0

Service name: orcl.valcorp.com

Note: i am able to connect to DB using sql developer and Database is installed on the same system. so there no connectivity issues.

Validated the credentials they are all fine.

Question:

1) Does having periods in Service name is causing the installer to fail to connect to DB?

2) Where do the installation log files get generated? I checked the /tmp could not find any log files

3) If having periods in service name is an issue, any documented steps to modify service name. please share

Thanks,

Satya#

• 2.  Re: CA IM v14.0 installer fails to connect to Oracle DB
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 28, 2017 09:06 AM

Hello Satya,

What user are you attempting to connect to the database with for Identity Manager? Certain users will not work such as SYS. You need to use a different user with the correct permissions in order to connect to the database through the installer.

Thanks,

Luke

• 3.  Re: CA IM v14.0 installer fails to connect to Oracle DB

Posted Apr 28, 2017 10:29 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I created users (imobjectstoredb)with Connect,resource & create table permissions.

I don’t think this is a permission issue.

Thanks,

Satya

• 4.  Re: CA IM v14.0 installer fails to connect to Oracle DB

Posted May 01, 2017 06:36 PM

Hi,

This issue is resolved after giving dba privileges to user.

grant dba to imobjectstoredb;

Thanks,

Satya

• 5.  Re: CA IM v14.0 installer fails to connect to Oracle DB

Posted May 03, 2017 03:51 PM

Hi Satya,

Due have added any parameters in sqlnet.ora file or done anything else or else  it was just resolved by giving dba privileges .
    I am also facing the same issue and when i have started the IM installer in Debug mode it gives me "ORA-28040 no matching authentication protocol" error .

Thanks 
    Mohd Lari