Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Identity Portal 14.0 - Alternate Attribute login

Posted May 02, 2017 05:31 AM

How to configure login to Identity Portal with alternate attribute,other than the Userid. We have the login in another attribute and the user should use that to login instead of the user id of the user. The bookshelf is for version 12.6.8 and is not very clear on how exactly to configure.

any ideas or suggestions are welcome. 

thanks in advance!

Abinash

• 2.  Re: Identity Portal 14.0 - Alternate Attribute login

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 02, 2017 12:14 PM

In the R14 Docs we talk about the usage of the "Matching Attribute"

Create a CA identity Manager Connector - CA Identity Suite - 14.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Select a Connector Login Source from the dropdown

1. Matching attribute
      This configuration cannot be used for the main connector. Matching attribute is used when the connector user identifier is another attribute of the user which is not the login user identifier. 
      Example: If a certain connector uses the email address as the user identifier and the main connector uses a unique user identifier, this connector will be configured using the Matching attribute configuration, the email attribute will be configured in the "User Matching Attribute name" field. 
      Pre-requisites: The email attribute (per example above) must be available through the main connector and configured in the user configuration section.

• 3.  Re: Identity Portal 14.0 - Alternate Attribute login

Posted May 03, 2017 05:37 AM

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your response, i have indeed gone through the bookshelf documentation and am a bit confused, especially - "This configuration cannot be used for the main connector". Doesn't Portal use the main connector to login.

I created two connectors, one which is the main connector and using that a user can login to portal with User ID. the second connector was to use the matching attribute and used the alternate attribute, "User Matching Attribute name". however this doesn't seem to work. did i interpret this wrong? The login still works with User ID and not the matching attribute, do i need to configure something else?

Thanks

Abinash

• 4.  Re: Identity Portal 14.0 - Alternate Attribute login
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 10, 2017 11:35 AM

Sorry I have been a bit busy. and it seems that documentation provided may not resolve the issue for you. Given that Portal is still a relatively  new product, it is probably best to open a support ticket to allow for testing of the documented steps.

• 5.  Re: Identity Portal 14.0 - Alternate Attribute login

Posted May 11, 2017 01:11 AM

Thanks Bill,

I have raised a support ticket and working with it.

Thanks,

Abinash