Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Error While Updating attribute in IDM

Posted Sep 26, 2014 11:00 AM

Hi All,

Sometimes we face an issue in IDM. While modifying any user, if we change/update any attribute value in IDM, upon submitting the task, error is displayed on the IDM console,

Failed to execute  UserAttributeAddValueEvent. ERROR MESSAGE: SmApiWrappedException: [LDAP: error code 19- Single valued Attribute has more than one value

I can't get why this error comes and why this attribute value can't be updated. IDM should over write the value. We are not passing multiple values.  If I modify the attribute schema and set it to multi-value attribute, then it will store all the values passed .

We are using IDM 12.6 sp2 and CA Directory Server r12 SP11 as User Store/Corporate Directory.

Any help on this would be appreciated

Thanks in advance,

Verma.Vasu

• 2.  Re: Error While Updating attribute in IDM

Posted Sep 27, 2014 06:32 AM
    1. Are updating using a PX? If so are you using ADD or SET to modify the attribute? Always use set for single value attributes, or if you want to clear all previous multivalued attributes.
    2. Is there a ^ symbol in the attribute? In IM this would mean a multivalued separator,

• 3.  Re: Error While Updating attribute in IDM

Posted Sep 27, 2014 03:00 PM

Hi gilf,

As I mentioned, we are updating the value from IDM modify user task and there is no polic define for it.

• 4.  Re: Error While Updating attribute in IDM

Posted Nov 07, 2014 01:48 AM

Any help on this. Still unable to find the reason why we are getiing this message under submitted task.

• 5.  Re: Error While Updating attribute in IDM
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 11, 2014 02:34 PM

The error indicates that the LDAP directory itself has this attribute defined as a single valued attribute, but IM thinks that it is mulit-valued. Open the immanage console and examine the directory that is in use here. Find the problem attribute in the user object and look at the properties. Is multi-valued set to "true"? If so, export the directory.xml and modify the attribute in question and set the multivalue property to false.

Does this work for your environment?

W.

• 6.  Re: Error While Updating attribute in IDM

Posted Nov 12, 2014 02:30 AM

Hi william.k.lee,

The parameter multi-valued is false in the directory and in LDAP too.

Thanks,

Vasu

• 7.  Re: Error While Updating attribute in IDM

Posted Nov 14, 2014 09:34 AM

Take a look on synchronization mapping in the environment and examine which fields are being synchronized.

Perhaps is there another field that has multi value in directory and single value in provisioning. IdentityMinder will try to synchronize this field on every modification. So synchronization may give you this error.

Fernando

• 8.  Re: Error While Updating attribute in IDM

Posted Nov 17, 2014 02:31 AM

Hi FBruno,

I checked my provisioning Directory.xml and found that the attribute which were single valued in User store were set as multi-valued=”true” here. I changed them to

multi-valued="false".But after making these changes, still getting the same error. Also, I checked the schema of the LDAP server. There the attribute is set as single-valued. Do I
    need to make any change there also?

Thanks,

Vasu