DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Time range issue with odata query

Posted Jan 06, 2022 11:57 AM
    Hi All,

I cant see the time range for last/previous month in odata time range query window. Last 30 days doesn't help really ,if i want to query a data  for dec month by 1 st ofJan i will not see the data for 1st December. 

There are some automatic reports getting scheduled with odata query which runs on 1st for every month to see last month data.

Using 3.7 version ,whether it is same of all or it has improvements in latest versions?

• 2.  RE: Time range issue with odata query

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 06, 2022 12:16 PM
    Unchanged in 20.2/21.2 code bases, I believe.

Correct, by selecting the end date for the previous month, then do last 30 days.  It will give you the 30 days leading up and including end date.

If you need 31 days, then use start/end time specifically by specifying the 1st and 31st of the month.
    Update the script that makes the odata URLs to use the 1st and last day of the month for start/end dates.

• 3.  RE: Time range issue with odata query

Posted Jan 06, 2022 12:26 PM
    Yes ,but this solution is a complex one where we need change manually based on month dates that is the reason we didn't want to do this. We have mapped this odata query with reporting where users need previous month data automictically.

Really not sure in what basis "Last 30 days" have added which is not going to help most of the cases. There is any plans from product team to add this in future releases?

• 4.  RE: Time range issue with odata query

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 06, 2022 12:43 PM
    It's not that complex to have a map of Month to number of days in a script.  And when generating previous month start and end times, to use 01 for start day and map{month} for end day.

No plans to add a last 31 days or (28 or 29 days for Feb).

FYI - odataquery is meant as a tool to build /odata/api calls.  It's not meant as a reporting tool.   The /odata/api would be constructed in a script or something to be called to retrieve data.  Which then some fields might be variables that could be changed as needed like start/end dates.

• 5.  RE: Time range issue with odata query

Posted Jan 19, 2022 10:23 AM
    There is any specific interface similar like odata in PM to do custom reporting ?

• 6.  RE: Time range issue with odata query

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 19, 2022 10:29 AM
    Odata is for getting/exporting the data from DA that you see in UI reports.

There is on-demand report templates that allows you to combine MF into 1 report for UI.
    Other dashboard views are for getting data for 1 MF at a time in various report formats.

• 7.  RE: Time range issue with odata query

Posted Jan 19, 2022 10:40 AM
    I have some reports where PM doesn't deliver that in dashboards or on-demand report where we are customizing in jasper with help of odata.

• 8.  RE: Time range issue with odata query

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 19, 2022 11:33 AM
    FYI - CABI is being deprecated for Performance Management on May 18, 2022.   It'll still be available for Spectrum.

I believe you can use CABI to create custom reports using odata, but I've never tried.
    Any public software out there, that can use odata to grab data, could be used to generate reports by pulling via odata.
    There are even some apps you can embed in Portal that use odata for data.  https://github.com/CA-PM has community created/supported apps you can use, or enhance, or use as examples to write your own.