DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Spectrum didn't apply Schedule maintenance

Posted Oct 26, 2020 10:21 AM
    Hi guys,

I have Spectrum 10.2.2 on windows environment. The installation have 2 year old. And never give me any problem about schedule maintenance windows. But yesterday I have a problem. I think was because in my country (Mexico City) we have to made a Time Change, this time change its automatic from Operating System.

The maintenance windows was created from Saturday 25 Oct from 01:00 to 02:30 but when the server clock was 01:18 the schedule maintenance was Inactive.
    When the automatic change time was applied in server (from 2:00 to 01:00 1 hour back) the schedule maintenance was active.

My client is asking me why Spectrum take this behavior?
    I hope you can help me to know the reason.

Regards

Jose

• 2.  RE: Spectrum didn't apply Schedule maintenance

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 27, 2020 05:11 PM
    Hi Jose,

What Time Change are you referring to? Is it the DST (Daylight Saving Time)?
    If the DST start and end dates have been changed, it has to be updated on the Operating System and also on the Java TZdata.

https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=137948

------------------------------
    Technical Support Engineer IV
    Broadcom Inc
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Spectrum didn't apply Schedule maintenance

Posted Oct 29, 2020 10:06 AM
    Hi Silvio,

I have Mexico, City Time Zone and we use Daylight Saving Time and its recognized by Windows (Operating Systems) and its working.

Last Sunday the change was applied without any problems (back 1 hour at time) at 2:00 a.m. But the schedule maintenance windows created from 1:00 a.m to 2:30 a.m didn't start, the time was 1:14 a.m and the maintenance windows indicated inactive.

Then when the clock was 2:00 a.m (the click was back 1 hour) and again the time was 1:00 a.m the maintenance windows created from 1:00 to 2:30 a.m begin active.

In resume the scheduled maintenance windows was applied by Spectrum until the Daylight Saving Time was applied.

I need to know why Spectrum did this.

I hope you can help me.

Regards

Jose