DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to see UPS time on battery on Attributes

Posted Jul 29, 2020 11:58 AM
    Hi guys,

I'm using Spectrum on windows platform version 10.2.2 y discovered an UPS for manufacturer called VOLTRONIC POWER, Spectrum discovered the device.

And show me information about seconds on battery (when the electricity its off) I can see the value growing

But If i try to see this value on Tab Attibutes the seconds on battery did not exists. No one about Battery are showed.

I used the MIB tool in order to verify where the IOD for upsSecondsonBattery are stored. And I found on:

I need to create a watch in this devices in order to raise an alarm when the UPS goes to battery mode, but I need that the attribute showed on Spectrum for the device.

I hope you can help me to fix this situation and I can create the watch.

Regards

Jose

• 2.  RE: Unable to see UPS time on battery on Attributes

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 30, 2020 03:12 PM
    Hi Jose,

You will have to compile the MIB file from the UPS manufacturer via Spectrum MIB Tools, then select the compiled MIB in the Navigation pane, in Contents pane select the Map TAB, and in the Attribute Support select the attribute you want to map and click on the button to map it.

Take a look at this KB article on how to compile a MIB file (skip the section of mapping a trap, as you want to map an attribute): 
    https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=137203

------------------------------
    Technical Support Engineer IV
    Broadcom Inc

• 3.  RE: Unable to see UPS time on battery on Attributes

Posted Jul 30, 2020 04:19 PM

Hi Silvio,

Thanks for the info. But I have some Doubts.

1.       ¿If the MIB file for the UPS it's not compiled on Spectrum, Spectrum assign a generic SNMP Device and for this model Spectrum assign MIB2 standard MIB, I'm OK?

2.       In the MIb2 File (generic device) the entry for Seconds on battery for UPS its generated and  That´s why in the Details Tab and the section Ups Information I can see the variable Seconds on Battery for the UPS and it's a correct information when the UPS work on batteries.

3.       Can you please tell if spectrum don't have the correct MIBs for the device, what MIB file are used to map the Attributes showed on Attributes Tab for the UPS?

Thanks and I hope you can help me to understand how it works this part of Spectrum.

Jose

• 4.  RE: Unable to see UPS time on battery on Attributes

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 30, 2020 04:57 PM
    Edited by Silvio Okamoto Jul 30, 2020 05:09 PM
    Hi Jose,

Based on the $SPECROOT/tomcat/webapps/spectrum/WEB-INF/topo/config/field-ups-battery.xml file, the Seconds on Battery attribute ID is 0x21d01b1 and the attribute name is upsSecondsOnBattery.

If this attribute cannot be found on the UPS device model, then search on the UPS application models. I found the attributes on the RFC1628App model.

Broadcom Inc

• 5.  RE: Unable to see UPS time on battery on Attributes

Posted Jul 31, 2020 12:35 PM

Hi Silvio,

I look for the UPS application model and find 4 for the UPS discovered on Spectrum.

I look into each one of them and find that CENDI_UPS_MIB-II don't show any attributes for upsSecondsonbattery.

But CENDI_UPS_UPS MIB show me attribute upsSecondsonBattery

I believe that Spectrum it's using the CENDI_UPS_MIB-II, for the Attributes Tab on the device and use the CENDI_UPS_UPS MIB for Tab Component Detail. The problem it's that I can use only Attributes(CENDI_UPS_MIB-II) for Watches.

There is a way to use the Attributes from CENDI_UPS_UPS MIB to create the watch? Or What I have to do in order to can create the watch?

Regards

Jose

• 6.  RE: Unable to see UPS time on battery on Attributes
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 31, 2020 01:11 PM
    Hi Jose,

You have to create the Watch on the RFC1628App model, where you found the upsSecondsOnBattery attribute. Not on the UPS device model.

Broadcom Inc

• 7.  RE: Unable to see UPS time on battery on Attributes

Posted Jul 31, 2020 01:59 PM

Hi Silvio,

Thanks for the help I can create the watch to the UPS using the model type application.

I have a last question, when the watch threshold will be violated, the alarm raised will be attached to the UPS device model? Or how? Because on the device If I look for the watch created it's not present.

Regards

Jose

• 8.  RE: Unable to see UPS time on battery on Attributes

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 31, 2020 02:30 PM
    Hi Jose,

The alarm will be generated on the application model, where you created the watch.

Broadcom Inc

• 9.  RE: Unable to see UPS time on battery on Attributes

Posted Jul 31, 2020 04:13 PM

Hi Silvio,

Thanks for the info and the help. I learn more about Spectrum. Have a nice weekend.

Regards

Jose