i have two alarm notifier in CA Spectrum, at the same time one notifier send alarm to another machine and other notifier send alarm on email.
is it possible that they work at same time??
and please share the path where i can add SMTP hosts and SMTP email server IP.?
is it write if i can use SMTP Server IP instead of his name??
- You can have more than one AlarmNotifier running. You would need to create additional Alarm Notifier support files, unique to each Alarm Notifier instance, so they are not in conflict with each other. If you are not familiar with Alarm Notifier configuration files, I would recommend to review the Alarm Notifier section of the guides: AlarmNotifier - CA Spectrum - 10.2 to 10.2.3 - CA Technologies Documentation
Important components to be aware of:
- custom alarm notifier directory which would contain: custom alarm notifier instance, .alarmrc, and related alarm notifier scripts
- the .alarmrc would need to be configured to point to the correct script locations
- custom processd ticket for the custom alarm notifier instance, which would be created in <SPECROOT>/lib/SDPM/partlist
- the custom IDB file within /partslist directory would need to be configured to define the appropriate custom alarm notifier partname, and file locations
As for SMTP, that is set up based on OS instructions:
CA includes Simple mail for use in sending emails. This will also need to configured for AlarmNotifier to successfully send an email. To configure Simple mail please do the following:
AlarmNotifier utilizes the email utility configured for the Operating System, typically this is sendmail. If emails fail to send please see your system admin to ensure sendmail is set up correctly for your environment.
Thanks Jay for response.
i was succeeded in my task i have deployed 3 alarm notifier in my CA Spectrum and they are working perfectly fine.
but only facing one problem that when i ran the .exe file the command prompt was displayed and when i close the command prompt service was also closed.
any hint about it.
You need to configure each Notifier via processd by creating their own *.idb file:
How to Configure Alarm Notifier in Processd to be - CA Knowledge