DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  How to get all possible alarms for a specific device model?

Posted Mar 01, 2019 02:14 PM

Hello everyone, please help me with this information.

I need to know all the possible alarms for a specific device model.

For example: Switch Cisco IE4000. What are all the critical alarms that can happen to this device model?

And for Router Cisco ASR 1004, what are all possible critical alarms that can happen to this device model?

Is there a way to get this information? Maybe in some table of database...Unfortunately through "Event Configuration" it was not possible.

Thanks,

Heitor Cortat

• 2.  Re: How to get all possible alarms for a specific device model?

Posted Mar 01, 2019 02:15 PM

okasi01

Could you help us?

• 3.  Re: How to get all possible alarms for a specific device model?

Posted Mar 01, 2019 02:18 PM

I honestly do not know how this could be done.

Joe

• 4.  Re: How to get all possible alarms for a specific device model?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 01, 2019 03:39 PM

• 5.  Re: How to get all possible alarms for a specific device model?

Posted Mar 08, 2019 09:07 AM

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your suggestion. I think that this can be useful but my Spectrum is still in version 10.2. We are already scheduling the upgrade. Do you know if this script works also in version 10.2? If so, is there a way for you to share this script?

Thanks,

Heitor Cortat

• 6.  Re: How to get all possible alarms for a specific device model?

Posted Mar 04, 2019 11:05 AM

We get this question all the time.  How we handle it is to turn it back on the device vendor/engineers.  What can your device tell us?  What mibs does it support so that we can tell what is pollable and what it traps.  Then we have the engineer tell us how they want it handled.  With stressing that all we want are "actionable" alerts.  Do just say everything.

That has worked out the best for us.

Last time they insisted, I dumped the PCause directory and sent it to the requester, who then said "oh, I guess I'll check with the device manufacturer".