DX NetOps

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How to "vinculate" pingeable devices on Spectrum for ticket generation

• 1.  How to "vinculate" pingeable devices on Spectrum for ticket generation

Posted Feb 07, 2019 11:36 AM

We are trying to make spectrum generate Service Desk tickets automatically, we already make it work but in our environment a single ticket must be generated when 2 pingeables devices receive a "Stopped responding polls" alert since the sites handle redundant links, is there any way to link these alerts and "program" the filters for this? either through the name of the links (Normally the names are ***01 and ***02) or is there any option that spectrum manages to optimize this?

Version: Spectrum 10.2.3

• 2.  Re: How to "vinculate" pingeable devices on Spectrum for ticket generation

Posted Feb 12, 2019 11:44 AM

I can think of two ways to accomplish this:

1. Use the Service Manager to create a service using the two Pingable models as resources. Use the rule that states when all resources are down the service is down and alarm the service is down. Then generate the ticket on the service being down.  Service Manager - CA Spectrum - 10.2 to 10.2.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

2. Use the Condition Correlation Editor in a similar way. Condition Correlation - CA Spectrum - 10.2 to 10.2.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Joe

• 3.  Re: How to "vinculate" pingeable devices on Spectrum for ticket generation

Posted Feb 12, 2019 05:12 PM

Thanks for the help Joe!

I am currently trying putting the devices in a model network and add filters to the events for ticket generation

Is there a way to condition events of different elements? (Network model and Pingable devices)

Example, I have 2 pingables devices in a model network and I want to generate a ticket when 1 device go down with a title like "ONE IP IS DOWN", but when both are down generate a ticket like "SITE IS DOWN" and stop generating the "ONE IP IS DOWN" tickets

For the "SITE IS DOWN" im using the event of the model network

(Network model ( name - {m}, type - {t} ) contains no models that have been contacted and at least one alarmed model.)

And for the "ONE IP IS DOWN" im using the pingable device event

(Device {m} of type {t} has stopped responding to polls and/or external requests.  An alarm will be generated.)

Is there a event rule i can put in the "ONE IP IS DOWN" event that checks if the "SITE IS DOWN" has already

send?

Im trying with event pair but I still cant make it work

• 4.  Re: How to "vinculate" pingeable devices on Spectrum for ticket generation

Posted Feb 13, 2019 07:54 AM

I would go the way Joe recommends: either services or correlation domains. 

• 5.  Re: How to "vinculate" pingeable devices on Spectrum for ticket generation

Posted Feb 13, 2019 09:31 AM

Daniel,

In the specific scenario that you've described, the "SITE IS DOWN" alarm will only be raised if both models in it are not responding. If both Pingable models stopped responding, you would get 3 alarms in total.

Best regards,

Zacchi

• 6.  Re: How to "vinculate" pingeable devices on Spectrum for ticket generation

Posted Feb 13, 2019 01:39 PM

Thanks for the help!

Im following Joe's recommendation and using services for this, it solved my problem of extra ticket generation

But now, how can I put the "Resources" of the "SM_Service" in my event?

• 7.  Re: How to "vinculate" pingeable devices on Spectrum for ticket generation

Posted Feb 14, 2019 02:48 AM

Hi Daniel,

Right-click on the device and select "Add To" -> "Services".

Documentation for further reference:

Service Manager - CA Spectrum - 10.3.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Regards,

Zacchi

• 8.  Re: How to "vinculate" pingeable devices on Spectrum for ticket generation

Posted Feb 14, 2019 07:08 PM

Thanks Zacchi

Do you know how can I put the resources of the Service in the Service events?

We need to know wich device is the one that is down, since the tickets we are generating Works for the Service's events

• 9.  Re: How to "vinculate" pingeable devices on Spectrum for ticket generation

Posted Feb 15, 2019 01:36 AM

Daniel,

Can you send me one of these event codes for Service events? I can have a look into that.

• 10.  Re: How to "vinculate" pingeable devices on Spectrum for ticket generation

Posted Feb 15, 2019 12:01 PM

Sure!

Im using 0x04500006 for Service down and 0x04500008 for Service degraded

I will like to concatenate the resource affected in the event 0x04500008   

• 11.  Re: How to "vinculate" pingeable devices on Spectrum for ticket generation
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 18, 2019 08:12 AM

Hi Daniel,

I have looked and couldn't find a way to associate the service alarm with the condition of the resources in a way that it would be possible for you to edit the event.

However, if you plan to include this information in the ticket that is being sent to a SD ticketing tool, you can get that info using VNMSH.

touch /tmp/assoc_alarms.txt
    > /tmp/assoc_alarms.txt
    cd $SPECROOT/vnmsh
    ./connect
    #List all resources of the service that alarmed
    ./show children mh=$MHANDLE | tail -n +2 | awk '{print $1}' | while read child_h
    do
    #Verify the condition of each child
    child_cond=`./show attributes attr=0x1000a mh=$child_h | tail -n +2 | awk '{print $3}'`
    #Send the alarm body text file the alarms of each child in Minor, Major or Critical condition
    case "$child_cond" in
    1|2|3)
    show alarms -d mh=$child_h >> /tmp/assoc_alarms.txt
    ;;
    esac
    done
    ./execute_SD_integration script -read_from /tmp/assoc_alarms.txt
    ./disconnect

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Zacchi

• 12.  Re: How to "vinculate" pingeable devices on Spectrum for ticket generation

Posted Mar 01, 2019 04:43 PM

Hi Zacchi,

Thanks!, ill search a way to make this in the same scripts that generate the tickets on the Spectrum-SD Integration
    If not, i ll try with a web services and your script before send the ticket

• 13.  Re: How to "vinculate" pingeable devices on Spectrum for ticket generation

Posted Feb 13, 2019 01:50 PM

Also, is there a limit on how many Services can I créate?

It affects spectrum performance?