DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Get data out of Spectrum

Posted Jan 30, 2019 01:19 PM

Is there a way I can get static fields out of Spectrum?

Like hostname, fqdn, serial number, mac address, manufacturer, etc.

• 2.  Re: Get data out of Spectrum
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 30, 2019 01:57 PM

Hi Kristy,

Yes, there are multiple ways to get this data out of Spectrum...Command line Interface (CLI), REST, OneClick export, Report Manager Asset Reports to name a few...

Depending on how comfortable you are with Spectrum and what your needs really are might depend on which option you choose.

Our docs are here:  Release Information - CA Spectrum - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation  

Cheers

Jay

• 3.  Re: Get data out of Spectrum

Posted Jan 30, 2019 02:03 PM

Hi Jay, 

What's the API?

• 4.  Re: Get data out of Spectrum

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 30, 2019 02:40 PM

Which one?  There's a couple...SSAPI, CORBA API, REST API.  If you are just looking to pull data, the easiest is the REST API:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-spectrum/10-3-0/en/programming/web-services-api-reference 

Cheers

Jay

• 5.  Re: Get data out of Spectrum

Posted Jan 30, 2019 04:03 PM

REST API is very easy to use.  I've dealt with the others and have switched completely over to using REST.  My suggestion for the way to go.  Simple, lightweight, has nearly every function now available.

One other thing to think about, while not a "API".  The Modeling Gateway also offers an easy way to get BULK data in and out of Spectrum.

• 6.  Re: Get data out of Spectrum

Posted Jan 30, 2019 04:10 PM

Are these the only attributes I can use to get info: https://docops.ca.com/ca-spectrum/10-2-3/en/programming/web-services-api-reference/how-to-use-the-ca-spectrum-web-servic… 

And is it updated? Creation Date attribute doesn't seem to work as well as a few others.

Thanks for the tip about Modeling Gateway. I'll look into it!

• 7.  Re: Get data out of Spectrum

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 30, 2019 04:16 PM

No, those are not the only attributes.  Those are just a listing of commonly used attributes.  You should be able to retrieve any model or alarm attribute available.  You can look in OneClick to see available attributes for various objects.