DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  CABI Performance Manager report

Posted May 04, 2018 02:25 PM

Hello

I want to define a CABI jasper report for Performance Management like the "CA Performance Management Group Trend" Report, but having one graph for each one of the servers belonging to the group, showing the same metric (for example CPU Utilization Avg), for example similar to this:

Actually the "CA Performance Management Group Trend"  CABI report shows only one graph with an average value of the metric calculated on the group member, like this:

To create this new report I'm trying to create first a new AdHoc view in CABI's Performance Manager domain, but in "Select data" there is no data object for Performance Management:

So my question is whether something is wrong in this procedure or create a new AdHoc view in PM domain it is unsupported.

Best regards

Antonello

• 2.  Re: CABI Performance Manager report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 07, 2018 02:45 PM

Hello Antonello,

Unfortunately designing your own report in CABI in conjunction with the PM integration is something that is unsupported at this time.  If this is something that you would like implemented within the product and supported I would advise you to create an Idea here so that the Community as a whole as well as Product Management can vote and evaluate it.

Regards,

Troy

• 3.  Re: CABI Performance Manager report

Posted May 09, 2018 08:50 AM

Ok Troy.

Thanks for answer.

Antonello

• 4.  Re: CABI Performance Manager report
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 09, 2018 10:18 AM

Hi Antonello.

Creating Ad Hoc reports is currently not supported in CAPM.

Ad Hoc reports can’t be created from CAPM data source because it is custom data source type.
    CAPM is not using Ad Hoc reports and we did not test it.

A possible workaround would be similar to the one for webservice data source (see below link); this might work, but it is not tested and officially supported.
    https://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/webservice-datasource-documentation#Using_WebService_Datasource_with_Adhoc