DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  How should I overcome this error:SPM TEST HOST CONFIGURATION FAILURE - UNABLE TO PERFORM TEST in ca spectrum while using SPM?

Posted Feb 20, 2019 05:03 AM

I am trying to run ICMP (ping) tests on Cisco ASR 9006 (IOS XR). I am unable to run them even after configuring the string as read/write. I have checked the application model configuration and everything is fine.

• 2.  Re: How should I overcome this error:SPM TEST HOST CONFIGURATION FAILURE - UNABLE TO PERFORM TEST in ca spectrum while using SPM?

Posted Feb 20, 2019 09:42 AM

On which model did you the read/write community string?

• 3.  Re: How should I overcome this error:SPM TEST HOST CONFIGURATION FAILURE - UNABLE TO PERFORM TEST in ca spectrum while using SPM?

Posted Feb 20, 2019 11:33 PM

The make and model of the device is Cisco ASR 9006 (IOS-XR). The application model is CiscoRTTMonApp.

• 4.  Re: How should I overcome this error:SPM TEST HOST CONFIGURATION FAILURE - UNABLE TO PERFORM TEST in ca spectrum while using SPM?

Posted Feb 21, 2019 07:40 AM

You stated in you description of the issue "I am unable to run them even after configuring the string as read/write.". Which model(s) did you configure the string as read/write? The error reported is "Error From Device: Failure". Have you checked the logs on the device for a specific error?

Have you tried deleting the device model and remodel from scratch using a read/write community string?

Joe

• 5.  Re: How should I overcome this error:SPM TEST HOST CONFIGURATION FAILURE - UNABLE TO PERFORM TEST in ca spectrum while using SPM?

Posted Feb 21, 2019 09:41 AM

I have configured the community string (eg: abcdef) as Read/Write in ASR router. I have deleted the device from spectrum and remodeled the device with the community string (abcdef). I am unable to run the test. I have run the snmpwalk from spectroserver to device with the community string (abcdef). It was running successfully.

• 6.  Re: How should I overcome this error:SPM TEST HOST CONFIGURATION FAILURE - UNABLE TO PERFORM TEST in ca spectrum while using SPM?

Posted Feb 21, 2019 09:56 AM

• 7.  Re: How should I overcome this error:SPM TEST HOST CONFIGURATION FAILURE - UNABLE TO PERFORM TEST in ca spectrum while using SPM?

Posted Feb 21, 2019 01:55 PM

Hey Joseph can you tell me why do you want me to do this backup and restore thing?

There are many other engineers working on the same router. I can't do this. Please tell me what would be the cause  of error?