DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  systemedge agent data not showing up in CAPM

Posted Jan 22, 2019 01:29 PM

Setup:

Sysedge agents on linux hosts

Agents discovered in Spectrum, and CPU/Memory/Storage Utilization graphs not showing data under performance Tab in Component Details

Agented hosts are added to a Global Collection tied to an IP Domain in CAPM.

Each host gets a CAPC_ID that shows in spectrum.  Hosts show in CAPC with Context type Server 

Discovery profile is set to no "assigned SNMP Profile"  and this same discovery policy has properly discovered other servers in the group of hosts, and Data is flowing without issue. SNMP info is showing up in the context "details" template page for both the working and not working host monitors.

The engineer that came to me with this issue is telling me it's a CAPM Problem.  But I see the hosts as successfully discovered in both Spectrum and CAPM, and from what I've seen, it's not a configuration issue or operational issue with CAPM.  I consider this issue to be related to the Sysedge Agents' ability to supply SNMP data to the assigned Data collector.  

So.    Is there another thing else that I need to check on the Spectrum/CAPM integrated side?  Or does this appear to be an issue focused on the configurations of the sysedge agents of the subset of servers they are reporting?

• 2.  Re: systemedge agent data not showing up in CAPM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 23, 2019 05:08 AM

Hello Tijohnson,

please verify on the DA Admin Page the following tabs:

on details tab, status should be Up

on Polled Metric Families tab, metric families should be supported

Hth, Lutz.

• 3.  Re: systemedge agent data not showing up in CAPM
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 01, 2019 04:15 PM

Being addressed via an open support case.

Preliminary investigations are showing no response from the device to the DC's discovery and polling requests.

Pending further investigation on target server via packet captures to determine if requests are arriving, and if so are they being sent back to the DC?