DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Manually unregister CAPC in CABI

Posted May 03, 2018 10:09 AM

Hi all,

I have a connection between CABI and CAPC. Now my CAPC Server is gone and I installed a new one. Now I want to connect this new CAPC to CABI which is successfull but when I want to see CAPM Data within CABI it tries to connect to the old/broken CAPM environment. So how can unregister CABI from CAPC manually on CABI side?

rgds Steve

• 2.  Re: Manually unregister CAPC in CABI

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 03, 2018 02:40 PM

Steve,

You will need to do 3 things:

1. The Datasource settings are in the repository under the public organization.  Navigate down to the Performance Management / Datasources section and edit that to supply the new information.

2. You will also need to move the two files called out int he documentation before trying to add the CABI system as a data source in the new CAPC system:

Install CA Business Intelligence Reports and Dashboards - CA Performance Management - 3.5 - CA Technologies Documentatio… 

3. Lastly, you will need to remove the following file as it is an artifact of the old CAPC and will block a new one from being added

/cabiInstallDir/pcProperties

Let me know if that allows you to move forward or not and if not, what happened and what errors do you receive?

Troy

• 3.  Re: Manually unregister CAPC in CABI

Posted May 07, 2018 10:12 AM

Hi troy,

thanks for the hints.. I'll try that tomorrow....

rgds Steve

• 4.  Re: Manually unregister CAPC in CABI

Posted May 08, 2018 10:25 AM

Hi Troy,

so half of the problem is gone

Now only the "Data Aggregator Information" Dashlet is referring to the old environment. The Data Collector Dashlet is fine...

rgds Steve

• 5.  Re: Manually unregister CAPC in CABI

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 08, 2018 10:46 AM

Steve,

Any chance you could attach a screenshot of the Dashlet as you see it with any private info blanked out?

Troy

• 6.  Re: Manually unregister CAPC in CABI

Posted May 08, 2018 11:39 AM

and this is the old DA but the new DC:

rgds Steve

• 7.  Re: Manually unregister CAPC in CABI

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 08, 2018 12:08 PM

Digging through my local system, as far as I can see it should behave just like the other PM reports in CABI, it should make a call to the data source (CAPC) which is then relayed to the DA and then the DA answers back.  A few things that come to mind:

1. Are you sure the CABI system is set up to recognize the new CAPC system?

2. To see the queries that CABI makes to CAPC and are relayed to the DA, take a look at the below log.  If you run the query that is made manually in a browser, is it successful and what does it return?

/opt/IMDataAggregator/backup/apache-karaf/data/log/odata-services.impl.log

3. Likely a silly question but, what Data Aggregator is displayed in the CAPC GUI, the expected one or the one that CABI is pulling up?

4. Potential Web Cache problem?  Clear the browser cache, close it down, try again or use a different browser entirely if you have one that has not accessed this data before.

Troy

• 8.  Re: Manually unregister CAPC in CABI

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 09, 2018 08:34 AM

The path for the odata log was incorrect and instead of editing the post I wanted to put it here so you would catch the change Steve.  The proper log is on the Data Aggregator, here:

/opt/IMDataAggregator/apache-karaf-*/data/log/odata-services.impl.log

• 9.  Re: Manually unregister CAPC in CABI

Posted May 09, 2018 11:08 AM

Hi Troy,

hmm... he's accessing the right DA I can see the changes in the logs and is also refering to the right IP-Address. Only the "Name" of the DA is wrong. Do you have an idea where i can change that?

rgds Steve

• 10.  Re: Manually unregister CAPC in CABI
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 09, 2018 04:36 PM

Steve,

At this point I would recommend opening a support case and make reference to this post in the description.

The two things that come to mind are:

1. Check what the DR database is showing under the item table (I am not sure if this is what is being referenced when the odata call is made)

select * from dauser.item where item_name like 'DataAggregator%';

2. What hostname does the ipaddress resolve to?

ping ipAddress

or

nslookup ipAddress

- Troy

• 11.  Re: Manually unregister CAPC in CABI

Posted May 14, 2018 09:51 AM

Hi Troy,

number 1. did the trick! Many thanks!

rgds Steve