Hello my friends,
Is it possible to move all monitored devices from one landscape to another? I read something about Modeling gateway toolkit but I did not quite understand how to use it.
For example, I have 25 devices monitored in Landscape (0xb1200000) topology Universe > Brazil > Site X and I would like to move these 25 devices to Landscape (0xa400000) > Universe > Brazil > Site X.
okasi01 Can you help too?
Basic instructions would use the modeling gateway export from the 0xb1200000 landscape and specify the Site X container as the RootContainerToExport in the $SPECROOT/SS-Tools/.modelinggatewayresource.xml file. Then, take the resulting xml file over to the 0xa400000 landscape and use the modeling gateway to import the file. It will recreate the Universe > Brazil > Site X topology and create the devices inside Site X.
Suppose you want to export the "Site X" from landscape 0xb1200000.
1. On the 0xb1200000 machine, change the file attribute of the $SPECROOT/SS-Tools/.modelinggatewayresource.xml file, from read-only to read-write.
2. Edit the $SPECROOT/SS-Tools/.modelinggatewayresource.xml file.
3. Update the line 297 (in my environment) to read as follows:
<RootContainerToExport model_type=”Network” model_name=”Site X”/>
4. On lines 283 and 284, change the value of export_global_collections and export_discovery_configs to false.
export_global_collections = "false"
export_discovery_configs = "false"
5. Save your changes to the modelinggatewayresources.xml file.
6. In a bash shell, navigate to the $SPECROOT/SS-Tools/ directory.
7. To export the "Site X" to the Site_X_models.xml file, in a bash shell, enter the following command:
./modelinggateway -vnm <SpectroSERVER_hostname1> -e Site_X_models.xml
You should see a message indicating that the topology was exported successfully.
8. Copy the Site_X_models.xml file from SpectroSERVER_hostname1 (0xb1200000) to SpectroSERVER_hostname2 (0xa400000), in $SPECROOT/SS-Tools/ directory
9. To import the "Site X" models in 0xa400000 landscape, enter the following command in the bash shell on the 0xa400000 landscape:
./modelinggateway -vnm <SpectroSERVER_hostname2> -i Site_X_models.xml
Note: It might take several minutes for the import process to complete. The import process may finish with errors. You can see more detailed information about the import errors by opening the $SPECROOT/SS-Tools/Site_X_models.xml.log file.
Looks like this worked very well!! Exceeded my expectations. I'll still need to adjust few things but that's fine.
Thank you very much!!