DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Monitor Cisco Interface CRC

Posted May 07, 2019 08:17 AM

Hello everybody,

I need to create a Watcher to monitor if CRC erros are increasing in Cisco Devices.

There's an OID (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.2.1.1.12 - locIfInCRC) that contains the counter of CRC errors in Cisco Devices.

But there's one "problem": This OID is only reset when the equipment is rebooted. There's no way to clear the CRC count in the OID, besides rebooting it.

If the network admin already solve the problem with CRC, and clears the counter, the OID will still have the same amount of CRC, since the equipment wasn't rebooted.

My question: Is there a way to create something that reads and counts every CRC errors when the watcher is active ? For example: When I activate a Watcher, the OID counter is "2000" already. Is there a way to create a watcher that will count how many errors are logged after 2000 ? Or is there any other feature that can help me create this alarm ?

Thanks in advance,
    Bruno

• 2.  Re: Monitor Cisco Interface CRC
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 07, 2019 08:44 AM

In your SpectroWATCH expression, use COUNTER_DELTA(locIfInCRC) instead of just locIfInCRC:

COUNTER_DELTA
    Calculates the change of an attribute whose value is assumed to be an increasing unsigned integer. The value may be reset to zero, but the result of this primitive is always a positive unsigned integer. Negative attribute values are treated as large unsigned values.
    The COUNTER_DELTA primitive supports the same attribute types as DELTA, and you can also instance attributes within COUNTER_DELTA expressions as described for DELTA. COUNTER_DELTA (TIME) is also supported.

-Rob 

• 3.  Re: Monitor Cisco Interface CRC

Posted May 08, 2019 10:56 AM

Robert,

Thank you !!

I did use the DELTA operator.

Created a watcher with expression DELTA(locIfInCRC), and set polling interval to 5 minutes.

It's working fine.

Again, thank you.