DX NetOps

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

CA PC  shows Wrong % of BUNDLE interfaces in Dashboard/Report

• 1.  CA PC  shows Wrong % of BUNDLE interfaces in Dashboard/Report

Posted Oct 16, 2018 09:30 AM

Dear Fellows,

I am using CA Performance Center 3.5 and i extract a interfaces utilization report of a Cisco router discovered in CA PC.

Problem is when i extract the report of BUNDLE interfaces the Utilization Percentage shown is wrong and exceeds 100%.

FIG pasted below is of the interfaces that are POS and a Bundle of POS interfaces.

First IMG consists of Interfaces of  POS and a Bundle-POS494 shows utilization-In maximum above 100% that looks rude.

here is another group IMG that includes the TENGIG interfaces and a bundle of them that also shows the utilization above 100 %.

please help me in this regard customer is putting pressure on me to correct the report urgently.

• 2.  Re: CA PC  shows Wrong % of BUNDLE interfaces in Dashboard/Report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 16, 2018 05:27 PM

Hi Akash,

Do we see the same problem for a simple Trend report against the same interface and metric?

Is the speed set on that interface element correct or was the discovered speed overridden?

Thanks,

Mike

• 3.  Re: CA PC  shows Wrong % of BUNDLE interfaces in Dashboard/Report

Posted Oct 17, 2018 05:05 AM

Dear Michael,

PFA screenshots of different views of these interfaces/metric.

THIS bundlePOS494 includes 5 interfaces of POS having capacity of 9.95 GIG each. the total capacity of BUNDLE after calculations is 49766000000 bps = 49.77 Gbps that is accurate value according to my network team.

IF you review the first IMG Speed In (Bps) column its the accurate speed of bundle then Bits Per Second In-MAx column may be its the max utilized value for this bundle then according to average formula its Utilization-In maximum should be 98.25% but CA PC shows it as 106.16 % that is problem. don't know how PC is calculating average against bundle interfaces.

GRaph view

Bar view

• 4.  Re: CA PC  shows Wrong % of BUNDLE interfaces in Dashboard/Report

Posted Oct 17, 2018 05:07 AM

*Percentage