DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Alert when management port has been accessed

Posted Sep 05, 2018 08:59 AM

Community at large,

I have a question regarding alarming of port interfaces. We are currently using alcatel 9702 and 6865 switches and we want the management ports to alarm when they are accessed (Link UP) and turn red in the condition column in the interface tab. When the management ports are not connected we want to show the down link as normal and no alarm to be given. Does anyone know the best way to do this? We are running Spectrum v10.2.3, I have seen plenty on how to alarm in down link situation but this setup is more opposite of that. Is there a way to customize the condition column so that only one of the ports shows a down link as normal?

Note: I don't want the alarms to go off for all ports just the port used for management.

• 2.  Re: Alert when management port has been accessed
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 05, 2018 09:46 AM

Eric,

The only thing I can think of is with a SpectroWatch. 

First disable out of the box alarming on the port model by setting GeneratePortStatusAlarms attribute id 0x12a54 to No for the port models you want ot do this on.

Then, create a SpectroWatch to monitor ifOperStatus on the ports and if up alarm. Create it inactive by default and only activate it on the one you want.

The Interfaces tab will still show a Status of Down (red)  but the condition should be set according to the Condition of the model.

Joe

• 3.  Re: Alert when management port has been accessed

Posted Sep 05, 2018 10:45 AM

thank you Joseph, 

I will implement this and then post the result.