DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Update Global Collection dynamicCriteriaXML attribute using REST

Posted Jan 22, 2019 01:08 PM

Hi
    I am having an issue using the REST API to update the dynamicCriteriaXML attribute (0x12a6a) for a Global Collection.
    This works fine when I use a XML element such as <model-class> ... however I cannot get it to work when the XML element has a sub-element such as <attribute id="0x1295d>. I have tried this using Postman as well as curl and get the same results. Funnily enough when I try updating using Spectrum CLI it works fine :-)

As an example the following curl statement works fine and updates the search criteria for my GC to find models where the model-class is 2. The equivalent XML that I am updating the attribute 0x12a6a with is as follows ...

<search-criteria>
    <devices-only-search />
    <filtered-models>
    <and>
    <equals>
    <model-class>2</model-class>
    </equals>
    </and>
    </filtered-models>
    </search-criteria>

And the curl command is as follows ...

curl -s -X PUT --header 'content-type: application/xml' -u joebloggs:password "http://spectrum:8080/spectrum/restful/model/0x30c45dc?attr=0x12a6a&val=%3Csearch-criteria%3E%0A%3Cdevices-only-search%20/%3E%0A%3Cfiltered-models%3E%0A%3Cand%3E%0A%3Cor%3E%0A%3Cequals%3E%0A%3Cmodel-class%3E2%3C/model-class%3E%0A%3C/equals%3E%0A%3C/or%3E%0A%3C/and%3E%0A%3C/filtered-models%3E%0A%3C/search-criteria%3E%0A"

In the following example I am trying to set the the search criteria to find models where the isManaged attribute (0x1295d) is false. The equivalent XML is as follows ...

<search-criteria>
    <devices-only-search />
    <filtered-models>
    <and>
    <equals>
    <attribute id="0x1295d">
    <value>false</value>
    </attribute>
    </equals>
    </and>
    </filtered-models>
    </search-criteria>

And the curl command ...

curl -s -X PUT --header 'content-type: application/xml' -u joebloggs:password "http://spectrum:8080/spectrum/restful/model/0x30c45dc?attr=0x12a6a&val=%3Csearch-criteria%3E%0A%3Cdevices-only-search%20/%3E%0A%3Cfiltered-models%3E%0A%3Cand%3E%0A%3Cequals%3E%0A%3Cattribute%20id=%220x1295d%22%3E%0A%3Cvalue%3Efalse%3C/value%3E%0A%3C/attribute%3E%0A%3C/equals%3E%0A%3C/and%3E%0A%3C/filtered-models%3E%0A%3C/search-criteria%3E%0A"

But this does not work ... And the error I get is ...

Invalid attribute value: Error reading search criteria file /opt/spectrum/tomcat/webapps/spectrum/./WEB-INF/<search-criteria>
    <devices-only-search />
    <filtered-models>
    <and>
    <equals>
    <attribute id.xml:

So it looks to me that it is not interpreting the "id" component of <attribute id="0x1295d"> ...

Has anyone come across this and has a resolution?

Regards, John

• 2.  Re: Update Global Collection dynamicCriteriaXML attribute using REST

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 04, 2019 11:35 AM

Hi John,

Seeing as this works for you in CLI but is not working via REST API,  I would suggest that you open a support issue and we can get this to Engineering for further checks.

Best regards,

Glenn

• 3.  Re: Update Global Collection dynamicCriteriaXML attribute using REST

Posted Feb 05, 2019 07:30 AM

Thanks Glenn, I have just opened a case.

Regards, John