DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  How to make a spectrumwatch to monitor an OSPF neighborhood state table

Posted Sep 28, 2018 09:47 AM

Hy, I get this snmp table when I query my routers with the attribute "tnmxOspfNgNbrState" to monitor OSPF neighborhood state

I want to be alerted when I loose a neighbor or when the state is not full.

Could you help to find the good expression and data type to be able to read the value of each instance? And the same thing for the threshold?

By advance thank

• 2.  Re: How to make a spectrumwatch to monitor an OSPF neighborhood state table
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 28, 2018 02:14 PM

Hi Erwan,

Creating a watch for when the state is not full is easy.  Just set the threshold so that it violates when the value does not equal 8.

Creating a watch for when you lose a neighbor might be a little more complicated.  If it's as simple as the state changes to down (1), then you can just create a watch and in the threshold window, set it to violate when the state is 1.  If the entry actually gets removed from the table, then you might need to set up a watch to initially query the attribute and store the values.  Then create another watch that queries the attribute and in the threshold window set it to violate if it doesn't equal the 1st watch you created.

Hope that helps

Jay

• 3.  Re: How to make a spectrumwatch to monitor an OSPF neighborhood state table

Posted Oct 01, 2018 03:27 AM

If it possible to send a trap from router for the above case ,usually watches may cause performance issue since it needs to poll and get the data.

• 4.  Re: How to make a spectrumwatch to monitor an OSPF neighborhood state table

Posted Oct 02, 2018 07:17 AM

Yes, use the Traps !