DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Raise alarm for specific IP address

Posted Jul 15, 2018 09:10 AM

Hi,

I’m trying to modify an event that is in severity “NONE” by default to generate an alert only for a specific IP’s.

I tried duplicating the event and change to “CRITICAL” and in the original event I tried to create “event condition” that raise the new event if the IP address is what I need. But no success.

Anyone know how can I do the “event condition” the right way? Or maybe anyone have a new idea how to do that?

Thank you

• 2.  Re: Raise alarm for specific IP address

Posted Jul 16, 2018 03:32 AM

hey,

what was the condition you used for your testing?

• 3.  Re: Raise alarm for specific IP address

Posted Jul 16, 2018 09:08 AM

Hi Avi,

In order for this to work we would need a varbind to work with to make it easier.

You could create an advanced event procedure but CA Support could not write these for you.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-spectrum/10-2-3/en/managing-network/event-configuration/how-to-use-procedures-in-event-processing

If this particular alarm/event is generated by a trap that would be the easier way as you can then parse on that particular varbind.

If you need more specific help, I suggest contacting CA Support directly via ticket.

Thanks!
    Matt

• 4.  Re: Raise alarm for specific IP address

Posted Jul 16, 2018 10:48 AM

Could you copy and paste the entry for that event from the $SPECROOT/custom/Events/EventDisp file?

Joe

• 5.  Re: Raise alarm for specific IP address
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 16, 2018 04:05 PM

I ran a test in my lab. I created one event that only generates an event. I created another event that generates an alarm. I added an Event Condition rule to the first event to check the value of the Network_Address attribute id 0x12d7f and if equal to a specfic value, generate the 2nd event that asserts an alarm. Here are my EventDisp configurations for the events:

0xfff00133 E 0 R CA.EventCondition, "({a 0x12d7f} == {A 10.241.249.74})" , "0xfff00134 -:-"
    0xfff00134 E 0 A 3,0xfff00134

Worked like a charm.

Joe