DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Anyone integrated Azure with Spectrum SAML authorization?

Posted Nov 06, 2018 06:53 AM

Starting from CA Spectrum 10.2.1 release, Spectrum uses SAML authentication to allow OneClick to use SAML Single Sign-On security management capabilities to authenticate CA Spectrum users. 

Azure SAML

Learn about the different token and claim types supported by Azure AD | Microsoft Docs 

• 2.  Re: Anyone integrated Azure with Spectrum SAML authorization?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 10, 2018 09:09 AM

RoberthEdberg

Spectrum does not support SAML out of box but via Siteminder. 

Thanks,

Nagesh 

• 3.  Re: Anyone integrated Azure with Spectrum SAML authorization?

Posted Dec 10, 2018 09:53 AM

Hmm... Are you sure Nagesh_Jaiswal 

I have a document received from CA stating: 

Starting from CA Spectrum 10.2.1 release, the Spectrum uses SAML authentication to allow OneClick to use SAML Single Sign-On security management capabilities to authenticate CA Spectrum users. 

Text captured from my v10.3.0.0.341 production environment, Spectrum Admin GUI:

Single Sign-On Configuration

• 4.  Re: Anyone integrated Azure with Spectrum SAML authorization?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 10, 2018 10:26 AM

Hello RoberthEdberg

Let me clarify. The later one is true. SAML is supported via EEM and Siteminder. 

But the former one which is from product documentation was not supported. And we claimed it to be Alpha test only. 

Features and Enhancements - CA Spectrum - 10.2 to 10.2.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

So to summarize, CA Spectrum does not support SAML out of box. But via our security products like Siteminder and EEM. 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks,

Nagesh 

• 5.  RE: Re: Anyone integrated Azure with Spectrum SAML authorization?

Posted Feb 03, 2020 10:20 AM
    I'm back! :)
    OK, Now when SAML finally is supported by Spectrum (v10.4.1), is there any plans to include groups-2-role mappings also? Today, only authorization is supported, would be nice to move role configuration outside of Spectrum.

/Roberth

• 6.  RE: Re: Anyone integrated Azure with Spectrum SAML authorization?

Posted Feb 26, 2020 11:35 AM
    We're looking for this too. Groups to role mappings would be a really nice improvement.

• 7.  RE: Re: Anyone integrated Azure with Spectrum SAML authorization?

Posted Mar 05, 2020 11:47 AM
    I can't seem to tell from the documentation if SAML is supported for the Web App or the Java OC App or both. Any ideas?

Clyde

• 8.  RE: Re: Anyone integrated Azure with Spectrum SAML authorization?

Posted Mar 05, 2020 11:50 AM
    I think it works. I haven't had time yet to get it working, but I beleive it handle java too.

/Rob

• 9.  RE: Re: Anyone integrated Azure with Spectrum SAML authorization?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 23, 2021 08:59 AM
    Hello,

It *should* work for both as the user would be authenticated with they first connect to the environment. 
    WebApp does not ask for authentication ( as you may have noticed ) because you have logged into the HTML page and launch it from there.
    If the SSO aspect of the integration Functions as Imagined,  it should take care of you launching and authentication into the local Java One Click client.

We are trying to get it working with NetIQ Access manager but of course configuration on the IdP  side is not all the same so were having some hiccups.

Good Luck, keep us Posted.

Don