DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  How to log SSH-Sessions throught CA Spectrum Oneclick

Posted Aug 27, 2018 06:52 AM

Hi all,

we weould like to log all successful and unsuccesful SSH- and Telnet-Session which were tunneled through CA Spectrum Oneclick and the Spectroserver (Port 31415 on Spectroserver).

For debugging purpuses, we would like to log the accessed device ( modelhandle or deviceip) and the name of the useraccount. Yes, there is the alternative to log on the device itself but in the role of an MSP (Monitoring Service Provider) it would be better to log directly on the Oneclick-Server.

Are there any methods to log these Session-try/start/stop ?

Do we have to enable something to get these type of logging?

Best Regards

Erich

• 2.  Re: How to log SSH-Sessions throught CA Spectrum Oneclick

Posted Aug 27, 2018 11:24 AM

The Telnet Servlet debugging located in the Administration -> Debugging -> Web Server Debug Page (Runtime) shows a lot of information in the $SPECROOT/tomcat/logs/catalina.out (Linux/Solaris) stdout.log (Windows) file on the OneClick server.

Joe

• 3.  Re: How to log SSH-Sessions throught CA Spectrum Oneclick

Posted Aug 28, 2018 03:21 AM

I tried to find out if this was possible without the debug and didn't get very far. In our automation we check for local connectivity via custom scripts and are able to pick up why SSH failed (e.g. connection refused, authentication error, timeout, etc). I was unable to find this anywhere else hence why I decided to develop something custom.

The good thing about NCM is that you can access saved configs and if you have an inventory (CMDB) feeding Spectrum you can find out which devices are failing by looking at the NCM task models and obtaining a list of failed configs (it's just a model with attributes!).