DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Watch Expression : Invalid attribute descriptor

Posted Dec 28, 2018 10:34 AM

Hello,

I have a problem when I create a watch on the attribute 'Condition'.

My expression is : Condition.#

The error message is : Watch Expression : Invalide attribute descriptor. The attribute 'Condition' must be list and readable.

Have you an idea ?

Knowing that the value of this attribute is correctly display in the attributes tab

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Jeremy

• 2.  Re: Watch Expression : Invalid attribute descriptor

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 28, 2018 10:48 AM

Hi Jeremy,

The condition attribute is not a list attribute, so just remove the .# and you should be all set.

Cheers

Jay

• 3.  Re: Watch Expression : Invalid attribute descriptor
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 28, 2018 11:08 AM

Jeremy,

The .# is only used for table/list attributes. The .# tells the watch to evaluate all instances in the table/list.

Condition is a single non-table/list attribute.

From the Watch Expressions - CA Spectrum - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation  section of the documentation:

• .#
      Indicates that the current Instance Specifier value shown in the Watch Detail View determines which instances are monitored.
      For example, if the Instance Specifier value is ALL, the expression If_In_Octets.# applies the watch to all instances of the If_In_Octets attribute. However, if the Instance Specifier value is RANGE (1-3), only instances 1, 2, and 3 are monitored.
      In cases where a range of instances is specified, the watch fails even if one of the instances in the range is not present for one of the models. Conversely, the watch is successful for any model where all of the instances in the range are present.

Joe

• 4.  Re: Watch Expression : Invalid attribute descriptor

Posted Dec 31, 2018 05:28 AM

Hello,

Yes it work.

Thank you so much.

Best regards,

Jeremy