DX NetOps

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Spectrum VNM event type 0xcb001 & 0xcb005 integration with UIM

• 1.  Spectrum VNM event type 0xcb001 & 0xcb005 integration with UIM

Posted Dec 04, 2018 01:34 AM

Hi All,

I'm getting these event messages in Spectrum VNM Event tab every 5 to 10 seconds:

0xcb001 LDAP login succeeded for user

0xcb005 LDAP login transient event.

I've got my Spectrum integrated with UIM unidirectional from UIM to Spectrum only.  I narrowed it down to the integration because when i change the username in sptectrumgtw probe using AC, I would see the relevant username in the Spectrum VNM event tab.

What I'm concerned with is that the messages will load my spectro server, and why are these messages appearing every 5 to 10 seconds?  Is there anyway to prevent these messages from appearing in the Spectrum VNM event tab?

• 2.  Re: Spectrum VNM event type 0xcb001 & 0xcb005 integration with UIM
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 05, 2018 04:32 AM

It looks like 0x00cb005 is trap based and sends a trap to Spectrum which if  varbind 3 on the trap is Login Success it then creates 0x00cb001.

Probably the easiest way to stop this is to have UIM stop sending this trap.

Otherwise you can always create an event filter for both 0x00cb005 and 0x00cb001 and from Event Configuration remove the logging for event 0x00cb001 so that it does not get stored in the DDMDB.

Create Advanced Event Filters - CA Spectrum - 10.2 to 10.2.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Uncheck Logging next to Store Event in Historical Database to disable the storing of the event.