DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  NCM upload script for SSH mode of communication

Posted Aug 29, 2017 06:41 AM

Hi,

Currently we are using SNMP/TFTP method for capture and upload of Configs in Spectrum. Considering the security aspect we are planning to use script using SSH method for Capturing and Uploading.

As the built-in NCM script provided by Spectrum for the NX OS is pretty much generic we tested the capture functionality for Cisco Switch and it is working as required. While using the NX OS upload script for run-config we are getting errors and seems like this script is not match for uploading the configs for Cisco devices. 

Has anyone used a script to Upload config using SSH? Can someone provide a working script or a reference script that can be used for the same?

Thanks in Advance.  

• 2.  Re: NCM upload script for SSH mode of communication
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2017 09:43 AM

Hello Amey

What version of Spectrum are you running? 

Do you have screenshots examples of the errors you are receiving? 

Could you provide the System OID of a device you are having issue with and we can confirm if the device is NCM -Certified?

Thank you,

~Jay V.

• 3.  Re: NCM upload script for SSH mode of communication

Posted Aug 10, 2018 10:30 AM

I need this also, for SSH and Telnet.  running 10.2.3.

I have found 3850's ,some 3750's, and nexus with certain code do not work with the out of the box NCM stuff. I then had to look on here and cobble together scripts to capture running and startup configs, would like a working upload config script so i can unscrew the NMC's short commings.

• 4.  RE: Re: NCM upload script for SSH mode of communication

Posted Oct 27, 2020 06:03 PM
    YEah, i am looking for an example on this too.