DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Issues with event conditions never evaluating as true

Posted Sep 06, 2018 06:53 PM

I am trying to create an event condition:

If event 0x4630004 occurs and Condition <C> evaluates to TRUE, then generate Event <Z>.

Else, generate default event

Spectrum is however is never able to evaluate the condition as true, even though it is. My guess is that the event variable type is not correct? 

E.g. When trap is received, event 0x4630004 is generated, with event message:
    Device {m} of type {t} generated a ccmGatewayFailed notification.  At least one gateway has attempted to register or communicate with the CallManager and failed.  ccmAlarmSeverity - "{T CICM_ccmAlarmSeverity 1}", ccmGatewayName - {S 2}, ccmGatewayInetAddressType - "{T CICM_ccmGatewayInetAddrType 3}", ccmGatewayInetAddress - {O 4}, ccmGatewayFailCauseCode - "{T CICM_ccmGatewayFailCauseCode 5}".

My Event condition:

When this is true, generate 0xfff0044cc, otherwise generate 0xfff004cd 

My condition is never evaluated as true. only 0xfff004cd event is generated. 

Any idea why this is the case? Is it because the event attribute 5 (ccmGatewayFailCauseCode - "{T CICM_ccmGatewayFailCauseCode 5) is type T?  There is no event variable type from the drop down which is type T.  

Any suggestions? 

• 2.  Re: Issues with event conditions never evaluating as true
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 07, 2018 12:15 PM

"{T CICM_ccmGatewayFailCauseCode 5}" is pointing to an enumerated table in the $SPECROOT/SG-Support/CsEvFormat/EventTables directory named CICM_ccmGatewayFailCauseCode_en_US. The value sent by the trap is actually an Integer value. The CICM_ccmGatewayFailCauseCode_en_US table is used to convert the integer into a text value for the event.

The following is the contents of the CICM_ccmGatewayFailCauseCode_en_US Event Table:

0x00000001 unknown
    0x00000002 noEntryInDatabase
    0x00000003 databaseConfigurationError
    0x00000004 deviceNameUnresolveable
    0x00000005 maxDevRegReached
    0x00000006 connectivityError
    0x00000007 initializationError

So what you want is to look for an integer value of 3.

Reference Event Tables

Joe

• 3.  Re: Issues with event conditions never evaluating as true

Posted Sep 07, 2018 12:19 PM

In operator Value Use the "StringCompare" or "Regexp"

Regards

Jose