DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  GC Alarm Assignments

Posted Dec 06, 2017 12:26 PM

I was asked by a customer if there is a way to assign alarms within a particular global collection to a user group or a selection of troubleshooters?  Is there a no BS way to say "anything in alarm in this GC, notify this group"?

• 2.  Re: GC Alarm Assignments

Posted Dec 06, 2017 12:34 PM

Depends what you mean by "no BS" ... 

SANM will enable you to do that ... Spectrum Alarm Notification Manager (SANM) - CA Spectrum - 10.2 to 10.2.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: GC Alarm Assignments

Posted Dec 06, 2017 12:55 PM

Yeah, I was hoping easier than that, but if that's the way to go, I try it.

• 4.  Re: GC Alarm Assignments

Posted Dec 06, 2017 01:24 PM

Hello !

One way to separate the alarms by User Group and set the "Security String" in the GC.

Since the Security String has to be in accordance with the group of users created.

• 5.  Re: GC Alarm Assignments

Posted Dec 06, 2017 01:37 PM

You know, I do have the strings set up per group, but I was having issue figuring out the sending something like e-mails to the users.

• 6.  Re: GC Alarm Assignments

Posted Dec 13, 2017 10:38 AM

Ok I have a SAMN policy created, but how does that get to emailing my list of troubleshooters?

• 7.  Re: GC Alarm Assignments
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 13, 2017 10:14 PM

To make things simpler

Got to your SANM policy, under Filters --> Create a new Filter

In the filtered by section , click on Collections--> Browse and select the specific collection of devices

In the Notification Data field, include the email address to which you want to forward these alarms

Click on OK

This should trigger all the alarms generated against this GC to a specific list of users included in the Notification Data