DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Device Certification not saving Model Type Mapping

Posted Apr 04, 2018 02:18 PM

Hi all. I have a problem and I don't know if it's an issue or a missinterpretation on my side:

I created a new Model Type in Spectrum for new devices I need to monitor; however, when I go to Device Certification and change the Model Type for the System Object ID for the DC and Save it, it says it saved succesfully, but upon refresh, I find the Certification again showing GenSNMPDev in the Model Type setting.

This is causing models to show the "Different Type Model" alarm, since I run NewMM.pl script and converted all these devices to the new Model Type.

Am I missing something or should this work as it is?

Thanks in advance!

• 2.  Re: Device Certification not saving Model Type Mapping

Posted Apr 05, 2018 07:52 AM

Are the models currently in the database for this device that use the GnSNMPDev model type instead of your custom model type? If so, you will need to delete these GnSNMPDev model and remodel them using your custom model type.

• 3.  Re: Device Certification not saving Model Type Mapping

Posted Apr 09, 2018 09:55 AM

Joseph; 

They are; as I stated, I ran the NewMM.pl script to change all the model types of the aforementioned devices to the new model type defined in the certification.

Thank you and regards.

• 4.  Re: Device Certification not saving Model Type Mapping

Posted Apr 09, 2018 10:20 AM

You ran the NewMM.pl script with the "-m" option to convert the GnSNMPDev model to your new custom model type?

Joe

• 5.  Re: Device Certification not saving Model Type Mapping

Posted Apr 09, 2018 10:23 AM

Yes, all my devices are modeled with the new model type.

Regards!

• 6.  Re: Device Certification not saving Model Type Mapping

Posted Apr 09, 2018 10:30 AM

I would need a simulation of one of the devices and a copy of your catalog change for the new model type to run some tests in the lab.

• 7.  Re: Device Certification not saving Model Type Mapping

Posted Apr 09, 2018 10:39 AM

I can get that, but is the behavior I describe in the OP working as planned? When I create the Certification, it ignores the Model Type change when I save the certification, as is shown in the screenshot.

Thanks and regards!

• 8.  Re: Device Certification not saving Model Type Mapping

Posted Apr 09, 2018 10:51 AM

Are you running in a distributed SpectroSERVER (DSS) environment? If so, does your custom model type exist in the catalog of all landscapes in the DSS?

• 9.  Re: Device Certification not saving Model Type Mapping

Posted Apr 09, 2018 10:53 AM

No, just one SS.

Regards!

• 10.  Re: Device Certification not saving Model Type Mapping

Posted Dec 18, 2018 09:29 AM

Hi Fgonzalezr ackjo04

Did this question ever get answered?

I am seeing the same situation when I try to set the Model Type to FortinetFortiManager using the Device Certification. The change says it is saved successfully but after a refresh of the Device Cert window the sysOid that I make the change for is still set to GnSNMPDev

Regards, John