DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Configure NCM Policy CA Spectrum

Posted Apr 11, 2018 09:38 AM

Hi all,

I'm new to the NCM module, I have around 30 devices that I have configured for NCM in a global collection. I am creating a policy on the global collection for when it is violated by some device generates an alarm. I am presented with the problem that if the configuration is changed in only 1 device, all the other devices are alerted to me and I can not find a way to clear the alert.

Has anyone already had this kind of situation?

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Configure NCM Policy CA Spectrum
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 11, 2018 10:11 PM

Hi Sebastian,

You'll need to configure the Change Alert Settings so that it only alerts under the conditions you want. Our docops guide describes how to do this:

Network Configuration Manager Configurations - CA Spectrum - 10.2 to 10.2.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: Configure NCM Policy CA Spectrum

Posted Apr 12, 2018 03:29 PM

Hi, Mohammed, thanks for the information. Do you know how NCM can capture the host configuration of the devices automatically every certain period that is configured?

• 4.  Re: Configure NCM Policy CA Spectrum

Posted Apr 13, 2018 03:16 PM

You would want to configure the Global Sync Task to do ALL devices on a scheduled interval.

Otherwise, you can create a NCM Sync Task to do a handful of devices.

https://docops.ca.com/display/CASP102/NetworkConfigurationManagerBulkTasks#NetworkConfigurationManagerBulkTasks-CreateSyncTask

• 5.  Re: Configure NCM Policy CA Spectrum

Posted Apr 23, 2018 12:12 PM

Yes, I have configured that but I need the devices to capture information all the time (24 hrs), and it only captures once, I do not know if it is creating the wrong task, it is as follows:

it is supposed that here it should run 24 hours, but it only runs at 12:00 a.m.

Thanks.

• 6.  Re: Configure NCM Policy CA Spectrum

Posted Apr 23, 2018 04:29 PM

It will run once every day according to your schedule.  It won't run constantly all day.

I will capture a device and be done with it for that sync.

Sounds like what you need is a bit more aggressive, so perhaps you should schedule it to run more frequently.

Or separate schedules, like 2-3 times a day maybe?