I had few requirements in CA Spectrum topology connections and kindly let me know whether they can be achieved by any chance.
1. When 2 devices are connected with multiple ports, I want multiple connections to be displayed in topology tab.
2. Like device description available for device in topology, similarly connected link description to be shown in topology.
3. For some devices with bigger hostname, I can see a part of hostname and rest in dots, Instead i want complete hostname to be shown in device description.
4. If 2 devices connected with tunnel interface, then they are called as logical connections and rest as physical connections. I want some difference to be shown between logical connection and physical connection in CA Spectrum.
Kindly let me know whether above stated can be achieved in any manner.
1. You won't be able to show as many pipes as connections. Though, in the preference of the user, you can show the count of interfaces aggregated under one topology pipe. It will show a label displaying something like "3/3" on the pipe (saying it's an aggregation of 3 interfaces). In the user preference, try to turn on "Show Pipe Label" and see if that helps.
2. I don't think it's feasible in the topology. You can customize the tooltip or information box of ports when you click on the pipe and have the connection details in the component detail view.
3. This should be achievable customizing the XML file with data displayed. There's (from the top of my mind) a value defining the maximum size of a string before it's cut. You should be able to extend it.
4. I don't know of any way to do this. You'll have the detail when you click on the link and see the component detail pane again, but nothing in the general topology view AFAIK.