DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  How can I add a user interface to the Spectrum Oneclick?

Posted Feb 02, 2018 09:07 AM

Hello everyone.
    I would like to know what modifications I can make in the custom-menu-config.xml file to open a new user interface from a model or alarm.

• 2.  Re: How can I add a user interface to the Spectrum Oneclick?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 02, 2018 10:51 AM

Hi Martin,

The <$SPECROOT>/tomcat/webapps/spectrum/WEB-INF/console/config/custom-menu-config.xml file contains examples on how to add custom menus and custom menu items to your OneClick console.

Please take a look at this CA Spectrum guide:
    Customizing the OneClick Console Menu - CA Spectrum - 10.2 to 10.2.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Thanks,

Silvio

• 3.  Re: How can I add a user interface to the Spectrum Oneclick?

Posted Feb 02, 2018 10:54 AM

Hello,

Everything you need to know to do such a customization is there: Customizing the OneClick Console Menu - CA Spectrum - 10.2 to 10.2.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

In summary, you can add a new options in the menu (or a new menu with submenu items) to do 3 kind of actions:

- run the local browser and point it to a given URL (launch-browser),

- run a program on the client host running OneClick Console (launch-application),

- run a program on the web server (launch-web-server-script).

You can pass any of the alarm attributes in parameter of your call, change the name of the item in the menu, chose the name of the menu, put an icon in the menu, add a keyboard shortcut, assign privileges on the item for it to be shown only for the right people, and even apply filters on the item so the item is only availble when it's needed.

Hope that answers your question!