DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Jasper 6.3 and Spectrum 10.2.2 on Linux - confused

Posted Nov 08, 2017 08:17 PM

Hi

I have a fresh server build of Spectrum 10.2.2 on Linux 7.2

I have installed Jasper 6.3 using the GUI install but may have missed some steps

I'm now at the integration stage but find the whole process somewhat confusing

Is there a good definitive step by step on this process?

• 2.  Re: Jasper 6.3 and Spectrum 10.2.2 on Linux - confused

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 09, 2017 04:05 AM

Hi Jason,

I am not sure if you are confused on the "CABI JasperReports Server Integration with CA Spectrum" section in the Spectrum Guide or if this is what you are looking for ...
    CABI JasperReports Server Integration with CA Spectrum - CA Spectrum - 10.2 to 10.2.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Cheers,

Jochen

• 3.  Re: Jasper 6.3 and Spectrum 10.2.2 on Linux - confused

Posted Nov 15, 2017 03:24 AM

I understand your feeling.

I've finally got it up and working, but I feel there are some steps missing (or haven't managed to find them).

• First of all the install procedure that starts off at Install CABI JasperReports Server - CA Spectrum - 10.2 to 10.2.2 - CA Technologies Documentation only talks about the scripted install, which according to this forum seems to be a non-preferred way of doing it. All I've read is "use the GUI install".
    • I haven't found anywhere in the install documents that mentions the creation of a system-user to run the install and furthermore the tomcat for Jasper, once installed. So if you follow the practice of a Spectrum install (and using the Jasper bundled tomcat), using root at install time, you'll be rendered with a tomcat running as root with a filesystem tree that is CHMOD 777! Seriously.
    • Once installed make sure you follow all the steps for integrating it with the Report Manager. The jar file, the connection using superuser and so on.
    • If you don't want to use the SSO-integration, don't think you'll be able to run any reports as the superuser. Use superuser to select an existing Spectrum user to "log in as user" before you run the reports. And don't think your supposed to run the Spectrum themed reports available directly after login, no no. Make sure you follow the instructions and click all the way using the dropdown for Reports -> ca -> and so on.
    • Be careful if setting up LDAP auth. If you don't setup any LDAP statement to demand a specific group to allow logon, every user in the LDAP will be able to attain "ROLE_USER" in Jasper.

• 4.  Re: Jasper 6.3 and Spectrum 10.2.2 on Linux - confused

Posted Jan 17, 2018 12:59 PM

I have the same answer. It's not very straight forward. Very confusing. I'm stucked at the point when I'm suppossed to configure a jar by executing this line: java -jar spectrumConfigInstaller.jar, and I have an unsupported class error version. Is it java? What version do I need?